PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna get hacked servers here too?

Kiarash
10-23-2010, 10:07 AM
I mean those instant 70 servers like MW2 and console is open and all. Can host do that?

Spykirby
10-23-2010, 10:08 AM
gameservers runs all the servers out there. So it's a matter of what they allow u mostly. If I'm correct mod tools are announced so ppl shuld be able to run servers with mods.

wazups 2x
10-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Servers will not be able to be hacked by individuals because there is no matchmaking/P2P. Black Ops uses dedicated servers so it will be much more secure than MW2 was.

NaOHSpree
10-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Modded servers = Not ranked(NO XP/CoD points, etc).
Unmodded = Ranked(XP, CoD points, etc).

Sensator
10-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Modded servers = Not ranked(NO XP/CoD points, etc).
Unmodded = Ranked(XP, CoD points, etc).

^ This.

I can't imagine there's gonna be any 10th modding crap on PC, maybe there might be some hacks to do it but meh, who cares.

Console will be riddled with modding seeing as it's P2P.

gringopig
10-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I remember joining a WaW server some time ago and finding that my XP was boosted massively for each kill.
I left pronto.
So there may be servers with some dodgy modifications...

OrangeNinja
10-23-2010, 12:51 PM
Sure there will be, hackers will always find a way to do that, no matter what game it is S:

wazups 2x
10-23-2010, 04:11 PM
I remember joining a WaW server some time ago and finding that my XP was boosted massively for each kill.
I left pronto.
So there may be servers with some dodgy modifications...

That's a mod not a hack. With Black Ops you don't have to join any modded servers if you don't like them.

mujahieed
10-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Correct me if I am wrong.

But MW2 was P2P so that meant the server details were client side and accesible to users.(by hacking)

But on Dedies GS.COM are on their encrypted servers so aren't editable.(expect the allowed stuff). Unless they get leaked.

Crossfire23
10-23-2010, 04:15 PM

But MW2 was P2P so that meant the server details were client side and accesible to users.(by hacking)

But on Dedies GS.COM are on their encrypted servers so aren't editable.(expect the allowed stuff). Unless they get leaked.

That is correct.

Abs.exe
11-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Yes there are hacked servers

darylkobzc6
01-20-2011, 08:53 PM

But on Dedies GS.COM are on their encrypted (http://www.skyblank.com/lv/business/reasons-to-choose-dvd-digipacks.html) servers so aren't editable.(expect the allowed stuff). Unless they get leaked.
It's very detailed, Now I got it, Thanks for your effort!