PDA

View Full Version : MAKE PORT ROYAL 2 MULTIPLAYER!

mark_deadred
10-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Godaime; port royal 2 (NON STEAM) has a multiplayer side... so why can't the steam version? Because the Dev team are lazy!

Everything's already been done they just have to tweak it to have the shift-tab overlay still and wallah! we have multiplayer for port royal 2... Unfortunately this wont happen because steam is lazy.

I tried being nice; asking nicely and not being too vigorous but i got ignored it would seem.

It didn't work so here's my challenge to steam.. get the multiplayer patch for port royal 2 off arc. and put it in the steam version. I know your busy and all Dev team but this isn't exactly like making a new set of code for the game your selves...

(ITS ALREADY BEEN MADE) Bah! A patch for multiplayer. Who wants to play a Single player game (That can be multiplayer)on a multiplayer application... (STEAM).
:mad::mad::mad:

Easton Dark
10-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Steam is not a multiplayer application.

Steam can not fix something in a game Valve does not own.

Talk to the developers.

mark_deadred
10-25-2010, 01:02 AM
Steam is not a multiplayer application.

Steam can not fix something in a game Valve does not own.

Talk to the developers.

So... your telling me steam doesn't allow multiple players to get together and chat? um... please don't be confused between multiplayer game and multiplayer application; these are two different things... and if steam don't 'own' the game and the actual owners have brought out the patches then why is it this steam version isn't compatible with those patches because the games still the original developers? Uh-uh.. I actually brought this up on port royal forums and there Dev team told me to try with steam... so... here i am? lol

Fatbubba
10-25-2010, 02:24 AM
The developer or publisher of the game will have to come up with a Steam compatible patch to update the game. This is not Valve's task. Steam only acts as a shop for Port Royal 2.

L.o.D.
10-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Only the game's devs have the rights to do any coding for their games.
If they have patches that are not compatible with steam, THEY are the ones to re-code it so that it is.

Easton Dark
10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
So... your telling me steam doesn't allow multiple players to get together and chat? um... please don't be confused between multiplayer game and multiplayer application; these are two different things... and if steam don't 'own' the game and the actual owners have brought out the patches then why is it this steam version isn't compatible with those patches because the games still the original developers? Uh-uh.. I actually brought this up on port royal forums and there Dev team told me to try with steam... so... here i am? lol

What you described Steam as is a messaging system, not multiplayer application, nice try.

And I'm sad to say, many companies do this round-about thing "Talk to the other company" "Talk to the first company" "What'd they say? No it's their fault", and to be completely truthful, if the multiplayer in a game doesn't work with Steam, it is the developers problem, not Steam's. They can not modify anything that they don't own, and they don't own Port Royale.

moizeus
12-25-2010, 07:00 PM
email the developers of Port Royale 2