PDA

View Full Version : Broken Shadows

Nekomancer
10-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Just played the demo to see if the game is worth the money. Well, i'm not that impressed. I have severe errors with the shadows.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/1zxoc4n.jpg

I have:
AMD Phenom II X4 945
2GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD4200
Creative Audigy 2 ZS

I know the IGP isn't the strongest, but i can run other games like Killing Floor and L4D2 without any problems. Even racing games like Blur.

But this indie game really looks ugly with this kind of bug. I don't know if it's an issue with IGP videochips or with ATI videocards. I already use the latest driver (Catalyst 10.10) for my videochip.

My settings are 1024x768 with all settings on minimum/disabled.

DermotG
10-26-2010, 03:25 AM
I think we allow the shadow map size to get too small via the slider on the menu. I'd recommended moving it up a notch (or two). It won't really affect performance too much as we're still talking relatively small sizes here, but it should be much, much better visually.

Nekomancer
10-26-2010, 05:49 AM
I'll try that.

Ok, i have to select a shadow map size over medium to remove these ugly triangles. But that drops the performance below playable levels. It seems i'll wait until i have a real videocard and try again.

T@F
10-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Damn you really need a new card that is ugly at that setting.

DW_Stephen
10-27-2010, 08:56 AM
I'll try that.

Ok, i have to select a shadow map size over medium to remove these ugly triangles. But that drops the performance below playable levels. It seems i'll wait until i have a real videocard and try again.

Glad to see the issue was fixed, shame the performance is bad now :(