PDA

View Full Version : Does this game support X360 controller?

deiviuxs
10-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Before I make a purchase, I would like to know if I will be able to play this game using a wireless Xbox 360 controller for Windows?
If not, then I might pass..

BC2 Cypher
10-25-2010, 10:26 PM
GFWL = Definite XBOX360 gamepad support

every single time

BigD
10-25-2010, 11:08 PM
360 controller support is great in this game. BC2 Cypher, not true Bioshock 2 sadly, has NO 360 controller support even though it is a GFWL game.

Mikouen
10-25-2010, 11:09 PM
You'll need Microsoft's Crossfire Wireless Gaming Receiver to use the wireless 360 controllers on the PC, but yeah, almost any GfWL title will support input from wired or wireless 360 controllers.

amcdermo
10-26-2010, 08:05 AM
It's good that it does support the controller. I currently can't progress in Batman until I find my controller or a mouse with a scroll wheel. My normal mouse is brilliant but lacks this and since controls can't be remapped I'm stuck.:(

This isn't at the start. I've got really far up until I need to use explosive gel hours (with my exploring everything play style) into the game. But without a scroll wheel button you can place the gel but can't explode it.

gozua
10-26-2010, 08:33 AM
I purchased RF1 and RF2 earlier today, I haven't installed RF2 yet so not sure if there are problems.
The reason why I am posting here is because my 360 controller does not work with RF1, so I was wodering if there was something I was meant to input in the command box? (I have tried exec 360 controller but that doesn't work) the controller works fine with any valve game so I am a little confused.

ComradeLenin
10-26-2010, 08:56 AM
I purchased RF1 and RF2 earlier today, I haven't installed RF2 yet so not sure if there are problems.
The reason why I am posting here is because my 360 controller does not work with RF1, so I was wodering if there was something I was meant to input in the command box? (I have tried exec 360 controller but that doesn't work) the controller works fine with any valve game so I am a little confused.

It only works with RF:G. RF1 and RF2 came out YEARS before the 360 was even imagined.

gozua
10-26-2010, 09:06 AM
It only works with RF:G. RF1 and RF2 came out YEARS before the 360 was even imagined.
Thanks so much for that, a bit of a Doh! momment from me then. :D
I actually thought when they said it was a GFWL, that they meant all three. lol.
All good its been a while since I played RF1 and never played 2, I enjoyed RF1 when I was younger so can't complain for 1.24 really. thanks again! :)

w0bbl3r
10-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Yes it supports xbox controller, but its on PC, so why would you WANT to?
Doesnt make sense, its a shooter, and they rule on PC mostly because of the superior controls of the mouse and keys.
Even the driving in this game is just as easy with mouse and keys, so I see no reason to even plug a controller in at all.