PDA

View Full Version : Replay value?

KyRoS
10-26-2010, 07:58 AM
I've read this game is about 3.5 hours or so long. Is there any replay value at all? I realize there is no online co-op, but has anyone heard of added content, DLC, etc.? I know that Laura Croft and the Guardian of Light was $15, but had a lot of replay value to get all the unlocks and such. I'm hoping this game is more than just a one-time 3.5 hour romp. Looks great though.

MisterAngry
10-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Well there is a normal and hard mode. I just started playing and as far as I know that's what I see so far. It seems like hard mode may lengthen the game time by a bit more.

ranbir
10-26-2010, 11:33 AM
Try to get the largest combo possible too, I guess.

So far I've only managed 78-hits.

unlucky411
10-26-2010, 12:54 PM
you can unlock costumes i think there are 14 not sure.... if you like beating up people and killing in brutal ways i think you can spend alot more time on it...
the co-op looks fun.
i just played an hour and unlocked a hockey mask that is enough for me, killing is so mouch more fun and brutal whit a hockey mask

Creeping Death
10-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Try to get the largest combo possible too, I guess.

So far I've only managed 78-hits.

151 is my top here. 100 gets you a costume, and another at 150.

As for whether or not this is worth the money, that depends on how much you like the combat. The game is more about combat than level design so if you like it that gives you 3-4hours playing through on normal, another 4 -5 hours going through on hard, and then co-op which (while being local) is a completely seperate campaign.

For me, that makes me feel like I havent wasted any money on the game :P

kikogotskill
10-26-2010, 02:18 PM
151 is my top here. 100 gets you a costume, and another at 150.

As for whether or not this is worth the money, that depends on how much you like the combat. The game is more about combat than level design so if you like it that gives you 3-4hours playing through on normal, another 4 -5 hours going through on hard, and then co-op which (while being local) is a completely seperate campaign.

For me, that makes me feel like I havent wasted any money on the game :P

I got Shank and I no feel like ..damn I wasted my money on this?

noup ...I love the game really ,and I hope STEAM bring more games of fight, Beat's em up's and open a new approach in the community.

bl4ckrider
10-27-2010, 04:48 AM
I am currently stuck at the Cassandra Boss in Normal.

Hard mode means there are no safepoints. You die, you restart the whole level again. If you consider yourself to be a 1337 pwner, you might wanna try. I am not, I won't find anything in hard mode, the game is hard enough on normal.

Plus it gets kinda repetitive. You fight grunts over and over, you get to a boss, you kill him, you continue. There is some platforming with clunky controls as well.

If you are into that old school type of gaming, go on, I am not really. So for me the game is okay for a few hours of gameplay, but I don't think I will come back. Chaining combos together is not as rewarding as in Arkham or Total Overdose.

I'd say wait for at least a 50% sale.

phorbes
10-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Cassandra is a ♥♥♥♥♥.

I would definitely say that this game is worth buying, I'm waiting for a friend to buy it to go through the co-op campaign with. As far as re playability goes I'm 4 hours in and on to the hard campaign but have only unlocked 3 costumes and 9/12 achievements (2 of which are for playing co-op and finishing on hard). I'm kind of depending on the co-op to get me my extra enjoyment out of an already quite enjoyable game.

I also love the combat which helps quite sincerely.

w0bbl3r
10-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Cassandra is a ♥♥♥♥♥.

I would definitely say that this game is worth buying, I'm waiting for a friend to buy it to go through the co-op campaign with. As far as re playability goes I'm 4 hours in and on to the hard campaign but have only unlocked 3 costumes and 9/12 achievements (2 of which are for playing co-op and finishing on hard). I'm kind of depending on the co-op to get me my extra enjoyment out of an already quite enjoyable game.

I also love the combat which helps quite sincerely.

You do know that if your friend buys it you cant play it with him over the net?
He doesnt NEED to buy it, you can only play on the same machine, so he must be in your house, on your PC with you, to play the co-op.
Sucks I know, after all the talk of proper co-op, but apparently this is what they planned all along.