PDA

View Full Version : Good profession to choose with a Warrior?

Vonn64
10-26-2010, 10:22 PM
Title says it all.

or.. asks, rather.
=]]

JonKiller93
10-27-2010, 02:37 AM
I would choose monk ar a paragon.

You can change it later though as you process further.

MithranArkanere
10-27-2010, 04:22 AM
If you are going to choose monk as your first secondary, you should read this first.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wammo

Since you can change secondaries later soon enough, I recommend just to pick a profession that can resurrect.
All can resurrect with a signed, but those have to recharge by killing a boss or by getting other morale bonus. So people usually bring a 'hard res' (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hard_res)

If you have access to heroes or once you are outside the learning areas and can change secondary profession, you'll probably never need a resurrection skill at all.

Oisnafas
10-27-2010, 08:43 AM
I personally run a W/R for Antidote Signet (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Antidote_Signet).

ShadoWzRo
10-27-2010, 10:26 AM
Warrior / elementalist with fiery sword:
Conjure Flame | Hundred Bladed | sever artery | gash | Final Thrust | Sun and moon strike|For Great Justice| whatever skill|

Great Aoe dmg output

Warrior / necro with any weapon spec some strength and curses; using BARBS and Mark of pain
Or using a cold damage weapon + spinal shivers for interupting

W/paragon strength+ spear
W/Ranger with apply poison

And any class can have its advantages if u use it right, ie not using w/mo for super self heal but using condition removals so u dont get blinded/cripled etc. U first need to figure out what u Want to do and find the best way to do that.

Vonn64
10-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Mk.. thanks a lot so far.
I'll def consider those =]

however.. I got to thinking... In Diablo/Titan Quest/etc, I'd always play a Barb with as much damage as possible (next to no defense) and would get something that would leech health.

Can I do something like this?
I think the.. Ritualist does this?

Dream config;

1)Warrior with two weapons
2)(one or both being Ice enhanced [if it'll slow the enemy down in this game])
3)and Max damage output..
4)and the ability to leech health.

Possible??

(I'm noob as hell due to.. well.. I haven't started yet, I've only played maybe.. 5 minutes in the demo. Still waiting for my Complete Collection to ship. So, thanks for the patience! =)

EDIT; Damn it.. I want the dream config, but Elementalist + warrior sounds amazing. (Would the char act like a warrior with enhanced weapons? same effect? or what? (I also have an elementalist Co-Oping with me, so I don't wanna give in))

ShadoWzRo
10-28-2010, 01:38 AM
Warrior/necro allows u to place a hex on the target that drains the targets life and transfers it to u slowly, also there is a necro spell that can consume corpses to heal u

MithranArkanere
10-28-2010, 06:26 AM
Mk.. thanks a lot so far.
I'll def consider those =]

however.. I got to thinking... In Diablo/Titan Quest/etc, I'd always play a Barb with as much damage as possible (next to no defense) and would get something that would leech health.

Can I do something like this?
I think the.. Ritualist does this?

Dream config;

1)Warrior with two weapons
2)(one or both being Ice enhanced [if it'll slow the enemy down in this game])
3)and Max damage output..
4)and the ability to leech health.

Possible??

(I'm noob as hell due to.. well.. I haven't started yet, I've only played maybe.. 5 minutes in the demo. Still waiting for my Complete Collection to ship. So, thanks for the patience! =)

EDIT; Damn it.. I want the dream config, but Elementalist + warrior sounds amazing. (Would the char act like a warrior with enhanced weapons? same effect? or what? (I also have an elementalist Co-Oping with me, so I don't wanna give in))

That will only be possible in GW2.

In GW1, no profession can dual-wield weapons.
Assassins wield two daggers, but it's actually a two-handed weapon disguised as a dual-wielded weapon.

There are life-steal weapon modifiers, but they have a downside (you'll get -1 health regen while wielding weapons with them), and you can't have a weapon with both life steal and cold damage, since they use the same upgrade slot.
But max damage is something really easy to get, once you get to areas with monsters at level 20..30.
You can either craft them, earn them with trophies from monsters, get them from rewards, from chests you open or as drops from monsters.

Types of damage in GW1 don't have extra effects. The extra effects come with the skills.
For example, skills that deal lightning damage often have 25% armor penetration, but the lightning damage itself doesn't.

And armor in enemies doesn't vary enough to make certain types of damage much more important, with the exception of a few places in which most enemies are strong or weak against fire or ice.

Most of the time, the most effective combination in PvE is having most skills from your primary profession, 1..3 PvE skills and sometimes one or two skills from a secondary profession.

Vonn64
10-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Thank you for that.

I didn't know you couldn't double wield.

Egh.. does it make sense for me to be assassin then? :/

GRRRR

Who does most damage? like.. Period..?

JonKiller93
10-29-2010, 12:15 AM
If you want to do damage, choose an elementalist or a ritualist as you primary profession. With an ele make a build based on dealing fire damage, and with a rit you could use a spirit spamming build. Rits have also lot of skills that deal high amounts of lightning damage, which too is a good choice to base your build on.

I would be happy to advice you in-game when you get there. Just add my primary char (Mers Damares) as a friennd and I'll try to help whenever I have spare time :)

Vonn64
10-29-2010, 01:31 AM
If you want to do damage, choose an elementalist or a ritalist as you primary profession. With an ele make a build based on dealing fire damage, and with a rit you could use a spirit spamming build. Rits have also lot of skills that deal high amounts of lightning damage, which too is a good choice to base your build on.

I would be happy to advice you in-game when you get there. Just add my primary char (Mers Damares) as a friennd and I'll try to help whenever I have spare time :)

My friend, who I'll be playing the game with, is an elementalist, so I'd rather not tread on her territory :p

although. this ritualist thing sounds pretty awesome?

can you explain what is meant by "spirit spamming"?

I'll probably add you when I get my copy. Should be any day.
Maybe you'd wanna join my group/talk to me from there? it's SKURK32.

Many many thanks!=]

Graywind
10-29-2010, 07:48 AM
I personally run a W/R for Antidote Signet (http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Antidote_Signet).

Agreed. Can't really get better. out of all the warrior builds I've used over the last 5 years. I find warrior ranger the most practical for a warrior.

ShadoWzRo
10-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Antidote signet is selfish :P Use mend ailment so u can cure others , it may be handy in desperate situations

JonKiller93
10-29-2010, 12:02 PM
can you explain what is meant by "spirit spamming"

Sure. Rits have several skills that summon different spirits. You can make a build using mainly these skills so you can spam them around.

The build I'm using:
1. Boon of creation: Get health and energy every time when creating a creature
2. Signet of spirits: Summons 3 spirits that deal damage
3. Bloodsong: Summons a spirit that steals health for itself
4. Pain: Summons a spirit that deals damage
5. Vampirism: Summons a spirit that steals health and heals the caster.
6. Dissonance: Summons a spirit that interrupts enemies with its attacks
7. Painful bond: When used on an enemy it adds extra damage whenever hit by a spirit
8. Summon spirits: Teleports all the spirits to caster's location and heals them

Note that you can only make a rit in Factions campaign, but you'll be able to travel to other continents later. ;)

Vonn64
10-31-2010, 02:53 PM
Hmm.. Quick Question again-

If I create a character for Nightfall, can I use them in prophecies?

Oisnafas
10-31-2010, 04:36 PM
Short answer, yes, you can. You'll be able to travel from Kamadan to Lion's Arch.