PDA

View Full Version : Fix system requirements (CPU)?

Am*
10-27-2010, 03:32 AM
I'm not sure whether this should go in Support, since this relates to hardware support, or suggestion to help you increase sales, so here goes. I was almost put off from buying this game by the "2.0GHz Dual Core requirement". But I figured this seems like a too good deal to pass up for just over 1, so I bought it anyway. I just ran the training round on my single core PC with maximum settings available in the options menu and it runs FLAWLESSLY. No stuttering, no dip in FPS or anything. Please consider re-testing on some high-end single core PCs (P4 3.2GHz or above and/or Athlon 64 3200+ and above single cores), as according to Steam Hardware Survey, about 20% of people are still using single cores, so God knows how many people this requirement is putting off from buying this (pretty good IMHO) game.

If you want me to run some tests on my rig, feel free to ask. I'm gonna be playing it some more for a bit and will report back how well it runs the single player campaign. If you want I can also take some screenshots as well.

My system specs:

Athlon 3200+ 2.2GHz (stock clocked at the moment)
2048MB DDR400 RAM
1TB Samsung F3 HDD
GTX 460 768MB (also stock, for now)

mooTV
10-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Hey Am*.
We had a decent round of hardware testing before the game was launched back in June but your findings are great.

Feel free to report back you findings regarding running the game on Single Core machines.

Unfortunately there are other who have not had the same experience.

Cheers mate.

Hans_Olo243
10-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Athlon 3200+ 2.2GHz (stock clocked at the moment)
2048MB DDR400 RAM
1TB Samsung F3 HDD
GTX 460 768MB (also stock, for now)

You have a beast of a GPU to be paired with that old processor, the motherboard must be an early one with PCIe support...