PDA

View Full Version : Black screen during gameplay?

Kobest
10-27-2010, 07:48 PM
Hey All!

I just got the Shank demo, it loads up well, I set it up, the intro plays too. But when the game actually starts, I only see the layer of Shank's health meter and inventory, and the hints, the rest of the game is black.

I have a now-rare notebook graphic card, which I think it can handle the game pretty well. I installed the latest DirectX, drivers as well, but no luck. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

KDs
10-28-2010, 03:59 AM
Hey All!

I just got the Shank demo, it loads up well, I set it up, the intro plays too. But when the game actually starts, I only see the layer of Shank's health meter and inventory, and the hints, the rest of the game is black.

I have a now-rare notebook graphic card, which I think it can handle the game pretty well. I installed the latest DirectX, drivers as well, but no luck. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hey, I got exactly the same problem. Everything seems ok, like you can hear it and move, and also see energy and enemy bars(top corners of screen), it's like you're fighting in darkness, I thought the first part was like that but no it's a problem

Kobest
10-28-2010, 06:32 AM
What are your system specs? I tried many things today: changing refresh rates, changing the ATi settings, re-downloading the demo, running in windowed mode, but no luck still! :confused: And I think that if it actually was the hardware, then the game simply wouldn't run...

KDs
10-28-2010, 06:58 AM
I'm using XP Pro SP3, Pentium 4 processor, and a decent ATI (shader 2) card. I'm running 1680x1050 with 32bit(fine with other things). I don't know if this is a shader(shader 3 requirement) problem or not

Kobest
10-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Same here, but with an AMD processor. I think it's because of the shader 2.0, but I'm crossing fingers that it isn't. :) I wonder if someone found a solution?

Edit: And I "played" 44 minutes with Shank, trying to figure out a solution. :)

Redemp
11-01-2010, 01:03 AM
I also have the same problem... Game and intro launches fine, but when the game actually starts I have a black screen and only see the health bar in top left corner. (like Kobest and KDs mentioned)

I have a ATI Mobility Radeon X300 card, I've read somewhere that Shank has problems with supporting some ATI cards, any help?

Thanks