PDA

View Full Version : Mousewheel fails to register

googoogjoob42
10-28-2010, 02:46 PM
I played the Hammerfight demo a couple weeks ago, then bought the game last night. So far, I've really enjoyed the game. However, I find that the game won't recognize my mousewheel, so I can't switch the active item in my hold.

I have no idea why the mousewheel doesn't register- it works fine in Windows, and most games (for example, TF2, L4D and L4D2, Eufloria, etc), but in some games (Hammerfight, Trine, GTA: Vice City), it simply fails to work altogether.

With Trine I solved the problem by rebinding the relevant commands (weapon switch) to something other than the mousewheel; GTA had alternate keys to zoom in and out with the sniper rifle; but Hammerfight, as far as I can tell, has no alternate keybindings, and has no way of remapping any of the commands.

So. I have no idea what the problem is, or what to do about it. I've tried fiddling with the mouse configuration (changing the rate at which the wheel scrolls, etc), and I've tried running Hammerfight in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode, but I don't really know what else I can do.

googoogjoob42
07-27-2011, 02:19 AM
hey so if i bump this now that the game is getting lots of attention from the hib will i finally get any sort of help

Derrida
07-28-2011, 11:20 PM
My mousewheel doesn't work in this game either, I'm using a Razer mouse. Mine also works fine in Windows. I had to stop playing this game like a quarter of the way through because of this.

Derrida
08-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Hey, when is this going to get fixed?

powdermaker
08-06-2011, 07:40 PM
You can use the arrow keys instead of the mousewheel (or at least I can).

Nesetalis
08-06-2011, 09:56 PM
yeah my mousewheel is busted in game as well :\

Derrida
08-08-2011, 03:35 AM
Oh, thanks, I tried the arrow keys and they worked!

atxtech
08-08-2011, 07:25 AM
My mousewheel doesn't work in this game either, I'm using a Razer mouse. Mine also works fine in Windows. I had to stop playing this game like a quarter of the way through because of this.

If you're having problems with buttons on a razor mouse not working and you have the razor drivers installed I have a possible fix. Basically you just need to set the driver to run as administrator. I was having this same problem except I also couldn't get my mouse 4 and mouse 5 buttons working. Following instructions in this link fixed it for me:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/455165.page

googoogjoob42
08-10-2011, 03:13 PM
the arrow keys aren't as fluid as the mousewheel would be, but they work, and i feel sort of stupid for missing them previously