PDA

View Full Version : Worth the 3 bucks anytime

Masive Gamer
10-28-2010, 06:16 PM
This game is great and fun...Im a battlefield fan and this is close to it...and remember you guys you can host your own servers with this game...so let the wars begin.

3 dallors...not bad at..lots of newer game do not have half of the game play this game has FFOW...

HAY: If you have an "old pc" run a game server..its easy...

mejorquenada
10-28-2010, 07:03 PM
awesome... now only if I can get it to finish downloading! :P

D14blo
10-28-2010, 07:06 PM
yup everyone dl now
hope mine finishes soon

M249LMG
10-28-2010, 07:52 PM
It's cheap, sure but it's really bad, graphics are poor, player movement is poor, shooting is poor. BF2 is a better buy.

arizonachris
10-29-2010, 01:07 AM
It's cheap, sure but it's really bad, graphics are poor, player movement is poor, shooting is poor. BF2 is a better buy.

OK, your opinion respected, but this game never even tried to be a Battlefeild clone.

Graphics on my machine are top notch. From what you describe as issues, you may have the stuttering/ bad FPS problems, and it may be to running a dual core CPU. Game runs really nice for me. Weapons sounds, driving tanks, helicopter drones, all kind of weapons, really love this game.

If I want online MP, I go to my clan's ETQW server. ;)

Metazare
10-29-2010, 02:50 AM
For 3 bucks it's a steal.

λεєrio
10-29-2010, 05:13 AM
3 bucks? it costs 1.5 bucks here =P

Heavysandvich
10-29-2010, 05:41 AM
3 bucks? it costs 1.5 bucks here =P

You mean 1.5 euros :)

AlHudsonFX
10-29-2010, 10:57 AM
OK, your opinion respected, but this game never even tried to be a Battlefeild clone.

Graphics on my machine are top notch. From what you describe as issues, you may have the stuttering/ bad FPS problems, and it may be to running a dual core CPU. Game runs really nice for me. Weapons sounds, driving tanks, helicopter drones, all kind of weapons, really love this game.

If I want online MP, I go to my clan's ETQW server. ;)

Since my point of view is much better than Battlefield 2142 by the way this game works better on old hardware and XP.

ShadowMan
10-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Good game actually. I caught it on sale also. I also have no issues like other people are having. Runs smooth, max settings, with application extras forced from a profile on my card such as Vsync and AA. No issues. :D

λεєrio
10-29-2010, 05:23 PM
You mean 1.5 euros :)

yeah well, still =P

3 bucks? it costs 2 bucks here =P (1.5 euros is 2 USD)

FCTurtle
10-29-2010, 08:04 PM
A very bad game. Goodbye Fuel of War. Sorry for the nice "intro" with tbe 3D engine, quite nice I have to say all settings to max, but the gameplay is AWFULL. Guns just fire plastic balls and not real bullets, that's quite a pity. Mayb a good weapons mod would do the trick, but unless a good patch this game is unplayable.

SneakiWulf
10-30-2010, 05:29 AM
woah i bought it but god damn thats one massive download should take into consider this nextime before purchasing games on steam... lol

Cindikle
10-30-2010, 07:14 AM
A very bad game. Goodbye Fuel of War. Sorry for the nice "intro" with tbe 3D engine, quite nice I have to say all settings to max, but the gameplay is AWFULL. Guns just fire plastic balls and not real bullets, that's quite a pity. Mayb a good weapons mod would do the trick, but unless a good patch this game is unplayable.

Are you saying they're not doing enough damage? You probably have not played long enough to get past the first stage then. The basic assault rifle is crap, rest of the weapons do well though. If/when you die change your equipment to special forces, their main weapon has better accuracy and damage.

Sniper was different for me a little, I'm use to shooters where moving mainly just messes with where you point at rather than adding a spread to your shot. Have to stand still for a second to get a clear shot.

Currently on Vista(lord help me) with a dual core and have very little problems running it. Has frozen once so far.

Overall it for me. Fix that assault rifle, at least make shooting in a burst more accurate like it should be. Feels like I'm better off burning a whole clip. Also, iron sights for pistol, why can't I look down them?