PDA

View Full Version : DRM?

sardinius
10-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Apart from having to have Steam to run the game (duh), is there additional DRM installed and/or needed?

I ask because I was greeted with a license acceptance page from Ubisoft during installation. It stated there *may be* protection by DRM and *may be* limited installations (so vauge, ugh).

If the Ubisoft agreement is just referencing that Steam itself is the DRM, then I'm cool with that; seems silly though to have yet another license agreement to click through. However, I did re-check the Steam Store page and couldn't find any mention of additional DRM and/or limited installs.

DasMatze
10-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Nope, not that I've noticed. At least not the Ubisoft Launcher.

acare84
10-29-2010, 05:14 PM
I didn't buy the game but Gamesplanet is saying game has Ubisoft DRM too. But I don't think they are using Ubisoft DRM on this title.

A Steam account, registration with enclosed serial code and internet connection are required to play this game.

A permanent Internet connection is required to play the game.

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-download-pc-games/Bloody-Good-Time-2151-13.html

kikinchaz
10-29-2010, 05:29 PM
Nope just Steam it seems. Would have no purpose for any other format of DRM.

WaveringRadiant
10-29-2010, 07:45 PM
if it has any other DRM besides Steam I haven't encountered any of it.

chrisdglong
10-29-2010, 11:51 PM
Store page quote, "Internet play requires broadband connection and latest drivers." That means that SP does not require internet.

simonjames1975
10-30-2010, 03:53 AM
I was wondering if this game had the UbiSoft DRM before I purchased it too. At 3.59 I took a gamble and thankfully it doesn't, there's no sign of any DRM except for Steam itself.

Steam store had no mention of any sort of DRM but your right to ask about it, Steam has failed to mention DRM on products before.

The General
10-30-2010, 06:35 AM
No DRM beyond Steamworks. Get it quickly.