PDA

View Full Version : Why is Clear Sky never in the STALKER bundles?

Fascion
10-29-2010, 06:09 PM
I have owned a retail version of STALKER since it's release and I've always been very tempted to pick up a copy on Steam on the cheap during one of these sales. The only thing that holds me back is that Clear Sky seemingly never goes on sale, nor is it ever included in a STALKER bundle.

What's up with that? :(

TimM
10-29-2010, 06:39 PM
It is under the license of some other company if I remember correctly. So they can't be sold with that game as well :)

Hectorb911
11-30-2010, 03:30 PM
Just got it at $9.99.

best I've seen yet.

go

get it

what are you still doing here reading.

Go!

Braakbal
12-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Get out of here, stalker!

Juicy Donut
12-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Yea clear sky is with some other company, and i think its the weakest out of all 3.

MrDeathhimself
12-05-2010, 05:48 AM
Yea clear sky is with some other company, and i think its the weakest out of all 3.

CS is my favorite of the three lol. Not the best story but the mix between SoC Zone and CoP Zone I like the most.

Kurrus
12-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Apart from the licensing issues, Clear Sky was also the most poorly received of the three, mainly due to stability issues and glitches. So, on top of the possible licensing hinderances, there's just not enough interest in that particular game by the publishers or Valve.

d10sfan
12-08-2010, 04:22 PM
CS is my favorite of the three lol. Not the best story but the mix between SoC Zone and CoP Zone I like the most.

Yea, Clear Sky is a interesting twist that in my opinion makes it really fun. SOC is still my favorite, probably because it was the first one, but CS is very interesting.

Id also recommend getting Clear Sky if you dont have it and like the others. Put some mods on it and it will be even better.

zero2nine
12-24-2010, 03:25 AM
The reason I haven't bought Clear Sky is, that it's infected by the virus that is TAGES™

Bad_Motha
12-24-2010, 04:36 AM
Steam version of CS doesn't have that as far as I can tell.

ImBack87
12-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Clear Sky would have been good fun had faction wars worked right. Still, it's a good game, I just wish Limansk was a playable map with side quests rather than a final war zone

Jashin
12-24-2010, 06:49 PM
CS is a badly designed game that kinda ruined the stalker atmosphere established by SOC.

#1 There's too many stalkers, not nuff mutants. It's called desolation zone, or exclusion zone, not New York or Shanghai.

#2 The faction system goes against the upgrade system. Certain weapons only factions-exclusive tech will upgrade, but too bad cus you allied with their enemy. Playing it your way punishes you, talk about dumb.

#3 Faction wars don't really work the way it's suppose to, it bugs out a lot.

#4 Only one ending, and it doesn't explain a thing about Scar, who you play as.

#5 It's the most system-demanding of the 3 games, and has the most bugs still and the most unstable still. I played it with Sky Reclamation Project and it still gave me weird problems.

Etc. It's still playable if you like S.t.a.l.k.e.r., but know that it's the weak link. Story-wise it's nice to know, but skippable since the timeline is CS->SOC->COP.

Goteki-45
12-24-2010, 08:13 PM
The reason I haven't bought Clear Sky is, that it's infected by the virus that is TAGES™

Steam version of CS doesn't have that as far as I can tell.

Yes, it's just an inert file left over and not actually used anymore:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1537801

# S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky; TAGES. Folder contains TagesClient.exe and tagesclient.dat, but neither are ever used.

This was confirmed between flibitijibibo and someone who owned the game already.