PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Edition : DLC won't work!

GroovyTaxi
10-30-2010, 04:26 PM
I just installed the Ultimate edition and my DLC will not load. In my downloaded content, they're all here, but they're all "unauthorized". I went on the website, created my account and activated the code, but even though on the website, I own all the DLCs, they won't autorize them in the game. I am connected with the same account, in the game and on the website.

Rockworm
10-30-2010, 05:30 PM
can you log onto the game?
I had the same trouble and you have to be logged in on that account in the game...

GroovyTaxi
10-30-2010, 05:33 PM
As I said, I am logged on the same accounts, in the game and on the website. I tried logging on and off my account in the game, and nothing fixed.

FuzzyPuffin
10-30-2010, 11:37 PM
Did you restart the game? I had to restart for the authorization to take effect.

ZimLanfire
10-31-2010, 03:30 PM
-COPY/PASTED from another thread- (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18056378&posted=1#post18056378)

The easiest way to do it is to download the following script, and place it into your bin_ship folder under your ...Steam\steamapps\common\Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

In there, the DAUpdaterSVC.Service 'service' file is located.

--Service Install (CMD File) (http://stardock.cachefly.net/zoomba/service.cmd)--

(It is a clean file, no worries)

Don't run it outside the bin_ship folder. It's purpose is to install the Service within the folder it's in. After you copy it to that folder, double-click (run) it. It'll install the service.

After that, start up Dragon Age. Now EA SHOULD find and start the service on it's own; after-which the content will be "authorized" and it'll all be groovy.

Edit: I initially tried doing the folder and file removal thing that BioWare suggested and I ended up with the same (above) problem. The content had simply disappeared. I even did a re-install from Steam's Backup and had the same problems. The problem literally lies within the service (DAUpdaterSVC.service) and whether or not it's installed. It didn't install when the game installed through Steam; and since I don't have some kind of 'Frankin-rig', I'm assuming it didn't install for at least some others as well.

For anyone else with the problem, check your Services immediately if the content is "Unauthorized". If the "Dragon Age: Origins" service isn't there, THAT'S the problem. Use the above to fix it, and you should be golden.

Firedraconian
10-31-2010, 07:11 PM
I think I'm having the same issue, but the fix isn't working for me; the DLC first was Enabled, but Unauthorized, and when I removed the files Bioware suggested, they stopped appearing at all.

I've checked by going into Services.msc, and Dragon Age Updater isn't listed anywhere in there. So I figure that must be what's wrong; the updater isn't installing. But when I run the Service Install file you mention, it still doesn't install. All I see is a quick window scroll by mentioning 'rollback' and nothing happens.

I even tried using the InstallUtil.exe file, and still nothing. I'm really getting frustrated here; I've reinstalled DA three times today and talked to customer service twice. All they say is 'uninstall and reinstall. Is there anything else I can help you with?'.

Is there some other way to force this damn Updater to install so I can play the damn game?

bmwells9
11-01-2010, 12:42 PM
The "ZimLanfire" fix isn't working for me either (same issue of unauthorized DLC.) Could someone post (or give directions on where to find) the solution that BioWare recommended?

jcthom2
11-01-2010, 07:33 PM
I am also having the same issue. All the DLC says unauthorized. I also noticed that I can't log into my account while in the game as the Log in button never becomes accessable. I tried ZimLanFire's solution and it also didn't work for me. The kicker is I can't even access EA's online help as when I click on email (On the EA support website) the page tries to load and then fails with unable to load page. This has been happening for about a week now. Any ideas?

ZimLanfire
11-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Have you tried starting the service manually through the services panel?

I'm running Win7 x64, so that may or may not have something to do with it. /shrug

DJ1982
11-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Steam allways has dome bull♥♥♥♥ like this with thier games I think I'm going to start buying cds again

Warlord Ste
11-02-2010, 01:23 AM
For everyone who is having problems with the DLC on the ultimate edition - I have the answer. I was told what to do by a friend of mine who had the same problem and his worked straight away, didn't thing the same would work for me but gave it a try anyway.

hopefully it will work for everyone else too.

find your dragon age folder, you may have saved it else where but this is how I find mine.

C:\Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ dragon age ultimate edition

once your in there find the file that says REDIST should be near the bottom, once in there run the file that says DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML_Steam when that finishes run the other file called DAUServiceSetup_Steam, when both have finished start up your dragon age ultimate and hopefully everything should be working.

Firedraconian
11-02-2010, 03:22 AM
Holy crap on a crap sandwich. Warlord, I love you. That worked.

RustyBallz
11-02-2010, 07:17 AM
I am still having the DLC not loading issue. I found something that worked for me though WITHOUT having the re-install...

Step 1: Open the game from steam. You'll see the "Play Game" or "Support Instructions" windows. don't click either!

Step 2: now open the game from steam again. (now you should have two "Play Game" and "Support Instructions" windows"

Click "Play Game" and it works..

bmwells9
11-02-2010, 05:49 PM
FINALLY I got it to work.

At first I had all the downloadable content, but it was showing up as "unauthorized". I tried deleting certain folders based in instructions from EA(here are the instructions, if it may help you:

•From the Windows desktop, click the Start button, then select Run
•At the command prompt, type "net stop DAUpdaterSvc" and click OK
•Navigate to My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings and delete the files Manifest.xml, Offers.xml, and addins.xml
•Navigate to My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age and delete the Offers folder
•Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BioWare\Dragon Age\ and deleted the DAUpdater folder (where C: is the default directory)
•Navigate back to My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age and delete the folder called AddIns
•Return to the command prompt (click Start, then Run) and type "net start DAUpdaterSvc" before clicking OK
•Restart Dragon Age: Origins and log in
"

So that didn't work. Delete, reinstall - now I find that there is absolutely nothing showing up under the DLC tabs in DA:O. But I'm lucky enough to stumble across this amazing posting with tons of fixes: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/81613/1

The one that worked for me was 3.2.3 - going through the CMD window and manually installing the DA Service updater. After that, I went into the game, the DLC showed up, I clicked to download it, and it worked.

The only problem: Awaking was not working now for some reason. I ran the DAO_UpdateAddinsXML in the redist file (program files/steam/steamapps/common/dragon age ultimate edition). It asked for a key, so I put in the old promotional key (even though I knew I already had the entitlements.) This allowed the program to somehow finish loading, and wa-lah. I open dragon age and it works.

What a pain in the A-double.

Hope this helps someone, and sorry its a bit wordy.

FuzzyBacon
11-02-2010, 08:51 PM
What a pain in the A-double.

No kidding. The fact that you have to manually install the updater (and that you have to do it through the command prompt, which makes it all the more difficult), which is required to play the game... so stupid.

I ended up following the instructions at this link (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1104601).

The most recent version of the .net framework, for reference, is 4.0.30319, so if you don't know what version you've got, just install it from MS's website.

Sharuko
11-03-2010, 12:20 PM
For everyone who is having problems with the DLC on the ultimate edition - I have the answer. I was told what to do by a friend of mine who had the same problem and his worked straight away, didn't thing the same would work for me but gave it a try anyway.

find your dragon age folder, you may have saved it else where but this is how I find mine.

once your in there find the file that says REDIST should be near the bottom, once in there run the file that says DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML_Steam when that finishes run the other file called DAUServiceSetup_Steam, when both have finished start up your dragon age ultimate and hopefully everything should be working.

Thanks a lot for this, that fixed my issue.

halky
11-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Hmm i got the same problem i think, just with the normal game version.

Having problems to get the Blood Dragon Armor, The Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep dlc to work, they just show up ingame menu some unauthorized. But dlcs like The Lucky Stone, Return to Ostagar and The Edge works just fine.
And i know about the updater/DAUpdaterSvc and i have that running. But they 3 dlc's still wont work as they should ;/

I just did a reload of an old game save there i got the golem shale and blood dragon armor, and well shale was gone and the dwarf was standing there almost naked ;S since we was wearing the Blood Dragon Armor XD

Soo this way kinda strange thing, since it just those 3 dlcs dont work ;/

The Blood Dragon Armor's picture in the download meny in the game is also gone ;o

So i need help or advice to what to do next ;o And yes ofc im logged in on my ea account :=) and all prom codes are active.

Here u all can se a piceture of the problem i got:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4929/screenshot2010110323253.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2010110323253.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

GroovyTaxi
11-05-2010, 09:25 PM
But I'm lucky enough to stumble across this amazing posting with tons of fixes: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/81613/1

Thank you, it worked for me too! :D

Megaxtar
11-09-2010, 09:18 AM
Hmm i got the same problem i think, just with the normal game version.

Having problems to get the Blood Dragon Armor, The Stone Prisoner and Warden's Keep dlc to work, they just show up ingame menu some unauthorized. But dlcs like The Lucky Stone, Return to Ostagar and The Edge works just fine.
And i know about the updater/DAUpdaterSvc and i have that running. But they 3 dlc's still wont work as they should ;/

I just did a reload of an old game save there i got the golem shale and blood dragon armor, and well shale was gone and the dwarf was standing there almost naked ;S since we was wearing the Blood Dragon Armor XD

Soo this way kinda strange thing, since it just those 3 dlcs dont work ;/

The Blood Dragon Armor's picture in the download meny in the game is also gone ;o

So i need help or advice to what to do next ;o And yes ofc im logged in on my ea account :=) and all prom codes are active.

Here u all can se a piceture of the problem i got:
http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/4929/screenshot2010110323253.jpg (http://img243.imageshack.us/i/screenshot2010110323253.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Log out and backin

rook_
11-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Steam allways has dome bull♥♥♥♥ like this with thier games I think I'm going to start buying cds again
The joke is activating the DLC is on EAs end not Steam. If they would somehow tie the DLC to the steam account for steam users instead of EAs majestic service it'd be easier.

FuzzyBacon
11-09-2010, 10:53 AM
The joke is activating the DLC is on EAs end not Steam. If they would somehow tie the DLC to the steam account for steam users instead of EAs majestic service it'd be easier.

It's not even that, it's the Dragon Age doesn't even install its own damned updater client. You have to do it through the CLI. Which is absolutely ridiculous, as most users aren't going to know how to do that - I'm fairly computer savvy and I still had to look it up.

Megaxtar
11-09-2010, 11:56 AM
It's not even that, it's the Dragon Age doesn't even install its own damned updater client. You have to do it through the CLI. Which is absolutely ridiculous, as most users aren't going to know how to do that - I'm fairly computer savvy and I still had to look it up.

No that would be incorrect, I have not had a problem with the updater other than its as slow as 56k modem.

Mouseraider
11-09-2010, 05:44 PM
GroovyTaxi

Your problem is common and have been there since day one.

start -> run -> type "services.msc" (type it in search if your running vista/win7) -> locate "Dragon Age: Origins - content Updater" -> right click -> start (you may have to click stop first)

TheClown24
11-12-2010, 09:55 AM

This is a bioware flaw not Steam's...

kasmia
11-19-2010, 01:17 PM

Warlord you legend sorted everything out. No idea why it happens but its not unauthorised anymore so i dont care thanks a lot helped loads :D

mike1238
11-19-2010, 03:24 PM
DAUServiceSetup_Steam
wont finish the process (although ontop it says completed and then in game does nothing

----i just plane cant see jack crap in all 3 tabs and reinstaling netfram work didnt do anything either ----------

it is both bioware (ea) and steam fault for both being complete fools at makeng programs

if i dont find the aswer im giving up completly on steam and just buying cds

Spendlove
11-21-2010, 02:35 AM
GroovyTaxi

Your problem is common and have been there since day one.

start -> run -> type "services.msc" (type it in search if your running vista/win7) -> locate "Dragon Age: Origins - content Updater" -> right click -> start (you may have to click stop first)

This worked for me.

Thanks Mouseraider!

What a shambles selling a game that only part works from install.

Exponentious
02-05-2011, 10:40 AM
-COPY/PASTED from another thread- (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18056378&posted=1#post18056378)

The easiest way to do it is to download the following script, and place it into your bin_ship folder under your ...Steam\steamapps\common\Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

In there, the DAUpdaterSVC.Service 'service' file is located.

--Service Install (CMD File) (http://stardock.cachefly.net/zoomba/service.cmd)--

(It is a clean file, no worries)

Don't run it outside the bin_ship folder. It's purpose is to install the Service within the folder it's in. After you copy it to that folder, double-click (run) it. It'll install the service.

After that, start up Dragon Age. Now EA SHOULD find and start the service on it's own; after-which the content will be "authorized" and it'll all be groovy.

Edit: I initially tried doing the folder and file removal thing that BioWare suggested and I ended up with the same (above) problem. The content had simply disappeared. I even did a re-install from Steam's Backup and had the same problems. The problem literally lies within the service (DAUpdaterSVC.service) and whether or not it's installed. It didn't install when the game installed through Steam; and since I don't have some kind of 'Frankin-rig', I'm assuming it didn't install for at least some others as well.

For anyone else with the problem, check your Services immediately if the content is "Unauthorized". If the "Dragon Age: Origins" service isn't there, THAT'S the problem. Use the above to fix it, and you should be golden.

I tried this multiple times...put it in the right place, clicked and re-clicked the files in the redist folder, my conclusion was that yes the DAUpdater service is the issue. But clicking this service cmd file is not enough. If you have the DAUpdaterSvc.service file (if not then it is not installed correctly), you will need to click and drag it onto the Service command file.

Worked like a charm for me:)

Armenius
02-05-2011, 02:01 PM
This could all be avoided if you follow the instructions when you install the game. The installer pauses and tells you to register your content on the Bioware Social site before it continues.

onestepcloser87
02-06-2011, 07:44 AM
I have the same problem as groovy taxi, my dlc says unauthorized. But it is not becuase of the services, I already tried that. My problem is that my DLC doesnt even show up under my registered game promotions on the Bioware site. But when I log onto dragon age servers, it shows DLC and it says unauthorized. I have no idea what is wrong and idk how to get it to show up under my registered game promotions. COuld someone help me?

Mr_Twister_242
02-07-2011, 04:02 AM
I have the same problem as groovy taxi, my dlc says unauthorized. But it is not becuase of the services, I already tried that. My problem is that my DLC doesnt even show up under my registered game promotions on the Bioware site. But when I log onto dragon age servers, it shows DLC and it says unauthorized. I have no idea what is wrong and idk how to get it to show up under my registered game promotions. COuld someone help me?

If your DLC's don't show up on the Bioware site, did you already register them there ? Normally you should have received a key for Dragon Age, but also a different key for the DLC's. On the Bioware site is an option to register the DLC's with this 2nd key.

wangfan334
02-08-2011, 10:47 PM
I just installed the Ultimate edition and my DLC will not load. In my downloaded content, they're all here, but they're all "unauthorized". I went on the website, created my account and activated the code, but even though on the website, I own all the DLCs, they won't autorize them in the game. I am connected with the same account, in the game and on the website.

I have bought the DVD edition and meet the same problem.7GB more DLCs are installed after the original installation but they just have not been put in use.What a pity!

onestepcloser87
02-09-2011, 06:51 AM
If your DLC's don't show up on the Bioware site, did you already register them there ? Normally you should have received a key for Dragon Age, but also a different key for the DLC's. On the Bioware site is an option to register the DLC's with this 2nd key.

Yes I already entered the code on the bioware site, yet they still don't show up there.

JackRyder
02-09-2011, 01:07 PM
I have a quite... bizarre variant of this problem. I managed to activate DLCs by registering, installing the service etc and when I launch the game they DO appear and are authorized, but after a while... they disappear! DLC items disappear from inventory, quests disappear from the journal and all DLC campaigns disappear from the campaign menu, except for awakening of course.

Is there a fix to this?

kh007
02-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Here's what I am doing to resolve this atm:

I went into my start menu on my desktop and typed in services.msc in Run. I saw that my "Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater" service wasn't there like it was supposed to.
I then follwed ZimLanefire's instructions in reply #5 on page 1, where you install the service in the bin_ship folder in your DAO folder.
Then I had to go into services.msc again to start the service (just find the "Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater" service in the list of the services and start it and then exit services.msc and run DAO) and then my DLC content was authorized, so the problem is fixed. Although right now I have to continue to start the service before I run DAO each time, otherwise the DLC is unauthorized again and I can't load my savefile. But it only takes a few seconds to start the service so it's not really a problem anymore.

Heavysandvich
02-11-2011, 05:04 PM
I have the regular version, and I've tried Warlord's fix, but it simply wont work. Not only does it say my DLC isn't authorized, but I cant even load my savegames now, because it says I need to be logged in to access premium content. I am logged in though? It just annoys me that EA's stupid DRM has to screw up a great game.

GenBanks
02-22-2011, 09:14 AM
Warlord STe, I could kiss you. Your solutions solved the Unauthorized problem for me :D

There are so many complicated solutions floating around, I can't believe clicking two things worked xD

Qristov
07-05-2011, 07:01 PM
I realize this thread is just about dead, but I just wanted to bring some love for Warlord Ste, since I've been struggling with this problem for days. Solution worked like a CHARM.

I agree with GenBanks;you deserve many kisses. Perhaps not from me, however....

Anyone else who has the unauthorized content problem should scroll back and check out Warlord's solution, too!

Thanks again!

ShineyT
07-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Literally NOTHING is fixing this problem for me.

I have tried about 10 different "solutions" and have just given up. What a way to spend £8.50.

Uninstalling it now, and to install again will be another 5-7hr download. To be honest I think all these "fixes" have probably just compounded the problem.

Walking_Target
07-06-2011, 12:09 PM

Have some rep sir, very helpful!