PDA

View Full Version : ***WORKS ON WINDOWS 7***

festa_freak
10-30-2010, 05:15 PM
What you need to do is enable "run this program as administrator" for both titan quest and immortal throne.

titanquest.exe
tqit.exe

Enable admin on both those .exe's.

ALSO!!!!!!

You must run the original titan quest, make a character and then quit. Then you can run titan quest immortal throne properly. That is what it took for me and my buddy to get it working on windows 7.

mundox86
10-30-2010, 07:48 PM
I didn't have to do anything =/
Win7 Ultimate x64

celestialokami
11-06-2010, 09:19 AM
You need to run the original titan quest first, yes. I never had to set it to run as Administrator, but searching for internet games WILL CRASH if you dont have it set to run as administrator.

I just always hosted LAN games and used Tunngle (a program much like Hamachi) to play. Over 100+ hours played, Tunngle works just fine.

enoch420
11-06-2010, 09:39 AM
For the server refresh fix, you may need to set steam to run as administrator as well as tqit.exe or you will get "steam not found" message when launching.

I use Tunngle now since most players are using the fanpatch there.

Everyone get tunngle and the fanpatch already,sheesh.:rolleyes:

AngerIssue
11-06-2010, 04:12 PM
i'm running win 7 64 bit and just downloaded the demo....won't launch for me:(

Teddy
11-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Running on Win 7 Pro x64 (Intel i7).. didn't have to do anything special to get it to run.

kennyuk
11-18-2010, 07:07 AM
I am running windows 7 64bit the single player works ok but internet play does not. also steam are selling games that have support at all.

JinkyPolly
11-25-2010, 11:29 AM
I had a similar problem with TQIT and Windows 7 64 bit. Titan Quest would run OK but not Immortal Throne.
After reading this thread I got it to work. So just to confirm how I got it working was to 'Run as Administrator'
Titan Quest,
Titan Quest Immortal Throne
and also Steam.

Mivo
11-27-2010, 11:36 AM
The game doesn't work for me on Windows 7 (64-bit). I tried all of the above (and everything else posted in other threads) and neither TQ nor TQ:IT will launch. Steam "prepares for launch", then nothing happens. In the Task Manager, the EXEs show up briefly and then disappear.

The same happens on my partner's computer (I had bought a copy for her too). The machines and video cards (GTS 250) are capable of running the game.

After two hours trying to get this to work, I think I'll just give up. Anyone considering to buy this, do yourself the favour and try the demo first.

zeus710
11-28-2010, 04:03 AM
I have Windows 7 64 bit and both versions (TQ and TQ:IT) run great for me. I never tried an online game, but the single player runs perfect

JinkyPolly
12-01-2010, 04:01 AM
The game doesn't work for me on Windows 7 (64-bit). I tried all of the above (and everything else posted in other threads) and neither TQ nor TQ:IT will launch. Steam "prepares for launch", then nothing happens. In the Task Manager, the EXEs show up briefly and then disappear.

The same happens on my partner's computer (I had bought a copy for her too). The machines and video cards (GTS 250) are capable of running the game.

After two hours trying to get this to work, I think I'll just give up. Anyone considering to buy this, do yourself the favour and try the demo first.

Make sure your Firewall is not blocking these games.

mglsharkson
12-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Finally working after two months of struggle, heart ache, crying, biting nails, reading ALL threads / FAQ / Support etc. I found some answrs.

Steam should FAQ ALL the remedy's to try!

History - high end machine win 7 runs ALL steam games EXCEPT titian quest IM will NOT run

Ran before for over year, then my NVIDA 9500 GT card quit working, had to pull it, reboot computer, then re install- now error message "failed to find steam" running TQ IM:

Tried verity cache, re install game / blob file, update all drivers, run TQ/IM/Steam as Administrator / tried no cd patches

Finally found answer - D:\WINDOWS\system32\Steam.dll rename dll file and
run program again - fix (yes run out of c drive room move all to d drive and compress)

but new problem - video over scan cannot access menu options on bottom of screen to start game - alt + enter key re sizes to right size BUT freezes mouse cursor!

answer - drop resolution option menu to one above 800 x 600, still over scan, move toolbar to side of screen now playable (got my 30 level fighter back!)

So now I remember when struggling to fix video card I also swap the old sonic monitor for bigger dell monitor running at 1600 res - hence the video over scan issues and mouse freeze!

Explains WHY the game ran before on old monitor at lower res - now game is playable.

Hope this helps

ML

Erretter
12-09-2010, 02:14 AM
Everybody! Add me as friend! :D (at least for the treasure hunt)

mglsharkson
12-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Back to more struggles - IM - failed to find steam again and again! What gives? TQ runs fine, occasional crash to desktop but IM - get it running but next reboot of machine no dice. I give up

ML

Χάρης
12-14-2010, 09:09 AM
This game worked fine for me on windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.Only problem i had is that the game was crashing sometimes but that wasn't because of windows 7.Downloaded a patch and it was fixed.

truekeish
12-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Last I checked you don't have to change anything with windows 7 anymore.

truekeish
12-14-2010, 01:54 PM
P.S. I have win 7 32bit

KenG10
12-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Works great here in Win7 64bit. Didn't have to mess with anything. My steam is not installed in Program Files though. So maybe that has something to do with it.

AudioCG
12-21-2010, 08:19 AM

I have the exact same issue, the .exe instantly crashes.

Verified via Steam, yup, not fixed.

Uninstalled and deleted all files, then re installed, yup, nothing.

Ran everything "as administrator", no.

Tried various "compatibility modes", nope.

Tried several of the Steam Launch Console commands, no dice.

I have around 25 games on Steam that all work just fine, not sure what the deal is with this one, it should work, yet it does not.

Anyone have any ideas? (And yes, Direct X and GPU drivers are up to date.)

As an interesting note, it looks like the game does not even try to install, but all the .dll and .exe files are there.....

UPDATE:

Well, I was able to get Immortal Throne to run, however still no dice on Titan Quest.

FINAL EDIT:

Ha! Im silly, once Immortal Throne is running it plays the game from ground zero anyways, still kinda wierd (TQ still doesnt run, but IMT does).

Ah well, great game, and loving it.

festa_freak
12-26-2010, 11:12 PM
At least the expansion is working. I guess there is no real reason to play titan quest and not immortal throne, but I guess it's nice to know that a game works as it should.

Glad some people were helped with all these suggestions. Some firewall/antivirus programs are pretty aggressive in their blocking.

It sucks when you can't play a good game you bought. It sounds like steam itself is not able to start the game. Very odd. Hope you get it soon. These things can be very finicky (haha that's actually a word).

Gilferedir
12-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Just a little something I found for anyone still having problems with playing multiplayer. Steam defaults to start on boot, so make sure you go into your icon tray and close Steam before trying to Run as administrator. If it is already running it may seem like it's restarting in administrator mode but will still give errors when trying to refresh server list.

HateSolstice
05-05-2012, 05:23 PM
A year and a half later, I'm still having issues with Immortal Throne. I've set both games to "Run as Admin" and "Windows XP(SP 3)" compatibility. My Steam account has always been set to "Run as Admin". My IT crashes every single time during the opening cutscene(before even getting to the main menu).

Any other ideas or advice?

Capn Tucker
05-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Back to more struggles - IM - failed to find steam again and again! What gives? TQ runs fine, occasional crash to desktop but IM - get it running but next reboot of machine no dice. I give up

ML

Solution: Get a boxed copy of Titan Quest from Amazon or wherever, and forget about Steam entirely for this game. That's what I did, and the game runs flawlessly at 1920x1080 rez and all options enabled. This is on a Vista 64/I7/4GB RAM/GTX 560 system..