PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to see an SDK

darkkest
10-30-2010, 08:43 PM
Since this game is made in the source engine, I would love to see an official SDK released for it.

I've mapped for TF2, CS:S, and various other Source engine games, and I'd love to toy around with this.

In the mean time, I'll be doing my thing...but with the normal SDK. I know it'll be irritating without a list of models or entities at my fingertips, but I'll figure it out. :P

FrontlinerDelta
10-30-2010, 09:17 PM
Agreed, I did some mapping for L4D and L4D2 and since I'm loving this game so far I could see mapping for it.

Plus it'd be fun to implement all sorts of traps and environmental kills. :D

darkkest
10-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Agreed, I did some mapping for L4D and L4D2 and since I'm loving this game so far I could see mapping for it.

Plus it'd be fun to implement all sorts of traps and environmental kills. :D

Heck yes. It reminds me a bit of the death-run maps you see for CS:S and GMod.

I've already got a map layout sketched out, gonna start with the brushes soon.

FrontlinerDelta
10-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Heck yes. It reminds me a bit of the death-run maps you see for CS:S and GMod.

I've already got a map layout sketched out, gonna start with the brushes soon.

Well good luck and make sure to spread it around so enough servers add it to rotation when you finish!

With only 3 maps I'm afraid that'll be the death of this game (although hopefully not for a long time).

HAvOXZ
10-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Cant someone make a unofficial sdk like what they did with left 4 dead?

epsylon_Z1
10-31-2010, 12:38 AM
+ 1 vote for Gmod integration .

Arrowhead
10-31-2010, 12:58 AM
If they are indeed going to abandon this fine game, they should atleast leave us some tools so that the community might have a chance at keeping this game alive for some time to come.

It has so much potential, but it needs more content. Given the fact that this is a source game, getting content into this game should be very doable.

ash47
10-31-2010, 04:01 AM
Ya, I agree, needs an SDK, and yes, it is quite simple to make a custom SDK for the time being, i can't quite remember how, but I've done it with other source games in the past...

darkkest
10-31-2010, 08:20 AM
If they are indeed going to abandon this fine game, they should atleast leave us some tools so that the community might have a chance at keeping this game alive for some time to come.

It has so much potential, but it needs more content. Given the fact that this is a source game, getting content into this game should be very doable.

Well, the company that developed the game went out of business completely. The only person who is still doing any work is doing it all for free.

So yeah, an SDK would be awesome, otherwise the game will slowly die off from lack of maps. :P

Lady Fortune
10-31-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh boy Gmod integration.

stinkfinger
10-31-2010, 09:04 AM
Oh boy Gmod integration.

Yea! That would be golden! Imagine the killing tools we could make!

Lemonosity
10-31-2010, 10:56 AM
Oh boy Gmod integration.

I already did this using gm_mount 2. I just added a line that lets me mount BGT.

Junon
10-31-2010, 12:02 PM
If there's no official support going forward, some sort of community dev tool is just about the only thing that's going to keep this game alive. I have no experience making maps but I love playing community developed stuff... please give us something!