PDA

View Full Version : BLOOD BOWL PLAYER KEY

angryzombie
10-31-2010, 01:59 PM
Gday,
Im new to these forums and I was wondering if anyone could help me. I purchased Blood Bowl : Legendary edition through steam and I received my CD key fine, I also got a key through SecuROM upon activation.
Installation went OK but when I load the game Im asked for a player key to continue. NEITHER KEY works for this! I have received no other codes, STEAM SUPPORT WILL NOT ANSWER MY QUESTIONS or respond to my emails.
If anybody has encountered this or can offer any solution I would be stoked as I am looking forward to playing this game.
Hope someone can help!

angryzombie
11-01-2010, 01:47 AM
HERE COMES A RANT:

I have had absolutely NO F*%$^&G support from steam on this. Numerous support tickets go unanswered, if any community member can please offer me a solution to this I would be stoked. I have simply not received the correct activation codes for the game and am getting no-where fast, all the steam advice is to enter one of the 2 activation codes I have received (but neither works as a player key).

You would think that after paying for and obtaining a game through steam legally I would be OK, but no, they seem to be more concerned about the various anti-pirating software than helping players who legally purchased the game and have a fault (whilst doubtless thousands of pirates play for free!).

Sorry for the rant but damn am I frustrated!!

kav2k
11-01-2010, 02:15 AM
[...] Numerous support tickets go unanswered [...]

Never make more than one ticket per issue.

Looking how you rant, I'm tempted to rant back on the fact that people like you that spam Support with tickets are part of the reason that they take days to respond.

Seriously, it is well-known (search these forums) that support takes up to 2-5 days to answer. Don't panic meanwhile.

------------------

On the issue at hand: I don't know how these keys look like, but maybe Steam displays keys with dashes and the game expects them without?

Also, maybe you have to register that key somewhere on the game's site?

There is a slight possibility that the key you have is really invalid for some reason. Then you'll need to patiently wait until Support resolves this issue.

epsylon_Z1
11-01-2010, 02:41 AM
http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11355

[INFO] Activation code and player key STEAM digital version

Postby FocusTechSupport » 02 Dec 2009, 14:00
To get the SecuROM activation code (serial number) and the Blood Bowl multiplayer key for the Steam version of Blood Bowl Dark Elves Edition and Legendary Edition:

1. Run Steam.
2. Click My games tab and right mouse click Blood Bowl: Dark Elves Edition or Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition.
3. Click View game CD key.

angryzombie
11-01-2010, 05:27 AM
http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11355

thank you for your advise but ive tried this already, the key ive been given is simple faulty. I thought maybe someone has encountered maybe a patch for this or something?

epsylon_Z1
11-01-2010, 05:35 AM
is the Steam version updated ?

PATCH NOTES 2.0.0.2:

- There is now a popup for the Piling On skill after the Block window if Piling On is set to be "Asked" in the Options.
- Fixed an issue with the Player Key activation popup.
- Fixed a possible network synchronization error when two players are connected.
- Fixed a possible crash at loading when the player is disconnected.
- Fixed a crash in LAN when the player goes back from the Inducements page to the lobby.
- Fixed a rare issue with the "Ready" checkbox on the LAN lobby.

angryzombie
11-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Never make more than one ticket per issue.

Looking how you rant, I'm tempted to rant back on the fact that people like you that spam Support with tickets are part of the reason that they take days to respond.

Seriously, it is well-known (search these forums) that support takes up to 2-5 days to answer. Don't panic meanwhile.

------------------

On the issue at hand: I don't know how these keys look like, but maybe Steam displays keys with dashes and the game expects them without?

Also, maybe you have to register that key somewhere on the game's site?

There is a slight possibility that the key you have is really invalid for some reason. Then you'll need to patiently wait until Support resolves this issue.

Thank you for your advise but the product I purchased is simply faulty / incomplete. Seriously 2-5 days to respond? Thats kinda hard to fathom a paying customer should get better support or at least told by steam that a response may take 2-5 days (basic customer service stuff really). Again thanks for trying to help me , if only the vendor tried as hard. I suppose ill just continue to wait.

epsylon_Z1
11-01-2010, 05:48 AM
have you tried the developer's support forum ?
http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewforum.php?f=25

angryzombie
11-01-2010, 05:48 AM
is the Steam version updated ?

Should this happen automatically? I saw info re: this patch and tried to install it from a 3rd party site but it just seemed to conflict with steam and failed to work, since then i have reinstalled the application but cant find anyway to apply updates via steam. Am i missing something?

kav2k
11-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Should this happen automatically? I saw info re: this patch and tried to install it from a 3rd party site but it just seemed to conflict with steam and failed to work, since then i have reinstalled the application but cant find anyway to apply updates via steam. Am i missing something?

Sometimes publishers delay pushing updates to Steam (because of essentially different update mechanism). It doesn't happen often though.

jasdc1
11-02-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm in the same boat. No player key. Steam says it's up to date and cyanide forums are down. I submitted a question to support as well. Hope I get an answer.

angryzombie
11-03-2010, 05:17 AM
I'm in the same boat. No player key. Steam says it's up to date and cyanide forums are down. I submitted a question to support as well. Hope I get an answer.

Yeah dont get your hopes up too much for good support , i finally got an answer from support and it said to use one of the two keys provided through steam............. good advise if only my support ticket didnt specify that these didnt work. Oh and it also gave a link to the Nexway site which asked for an order number......which I also never got from steam......so Im not sure why they sent that :)
Oh well I've given up now and am just gonna get paypal to refund it for me and buy it through a retail store.
Disappointed.

kav2k
11-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Oh well I've given up now and am just gonna get paypal to refund it for me and buy it through a retail store.
Disappointed.

In case you don't know, if you do a chargeback via Paypal, your entire account will be disabled. Don't do it on general principles (this WILL be sorted out, just have some patience), and certainly don't do it if you have ANY other games in your account.

angryzombie
11-06-2010, 03:00 AM
Third-party website?

Seem's not legit!

Forum cannot help you about these kind of problem.
Clause all these ticket except one. And wait. If you really bought the game, you will get an answer fast. 2-5 days.

The website I got the patch from was legit. I REALLY did but this game although it hasn't done me a whole lot of good so far. Still awaiting an answer though from steam support. After 3 days I got some pointless advise/help that achieved nothing and I'm still waiting for something that will enable the game to actually work (heaven forbid!).

P.S does any-one else think its crap that they close your account if you refund a purchase? It doesn't bloody work and I want to play the game so if I buy a hard copy I have to pay twice for the same game! Or wait for support that never comes...

kav2k
11-06-2010, 05:10 AM
P.S does any-one else think its crap that they close your account if you refund a purchase? It doesn't bloody work and I want to play the game so if I buy a hard copy I have to pay twice for the same game! Or wait for support that never comes...

There's only one problem: you agreed to this.
That little "I agree to the terms of the Steam Subscriber Agreement" checkbox or a warning on a retail box.

nevarax
02-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi, i have exactly the same problem as you and i wanted to know if you found out a way to fix that problem !
I"m particulary frustrated as you can understand, i've sent e-mail to support, and i'm waiting for their answer.

Thaifun
09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah, I got the same issue if anyone finds a solution please
let me know.

zenonplazmos
11-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Had a similar problem, solved it:

The Player key is the Steam Multiplayer key, first of the keys given, which for whatever reasons I couldn´t read correctly. Finally, I selected Copy to Clipboard from the Steam Player Keys menu (higlight the key, select Copy to clipboard down on the left) and pasted it in the game with a keyboard shortcut (should be Ctrl+P with English language setting).

Dumb, but I was getting desperate. I checked afterwards, fugures I was reading one of the 'D's as a '0'. Just be sure to try it.