PDA

View Full Version : Is the game any good?

General Frags
11-04-2010, 04:19 AM
Is the game any good? I have a copy which I brought cheap (I wanted the artbooks and mousepad in the collectors edition and it was 15 instore) and I'am thinking of playing this game considering at HMV I can buy a 60 day pass for 13 so it would be a pretty cheapo MMO compared to others, so is it worth it?

DanMan3395
06-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Is the game any good? I have a copy which I brought cheap (I wanted the artbooks and mousepad in the collectors edition and it was 15 instore) and I'am thinking of playing this game considering at HMV I can buy a 60 day pass for 13 so it would be a pretty cheapo MMO compared to others, so is it worth it?

The mechanics are good, the game design is poor. The world is small and then further chopped up into little segments. The PVP is all zerg, and the class balance is non existent.

chipset35
06-24-2011, 01:03 PM
The game balance is as balanced as any other MMO, but the PvP is more fun than other MMO's.
If you have read Warhammer Novels or played Warhammer games over the past 20+ years, its a good representation of the Warhammer fantasy universe. World size is the same as any other MMO and equally carved up, no more, no less.
Tier 4 is a blast, but unfortunately due to population issues getting to Tier 4 can be rough as Tier 2 and 3 are usually low pop.
Tier 1 is fun until you get tired of it.
The fantasy universe is more original than others, and many other MMO universes copied from its original idea.
Unfortunately, as a game it used alot of WoW stuff like tokens....
Worth a free trial look to see for yourself.

NorthernKingdom
07-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Good concept TERRIBLE execution.

They built a game that didn't even function then sold it. It's was basically criminal but lesson learned and Mythic the developer was annihilated by EA.

The only good thing about the game was the art/sound. It was Warhammer perfection but everything else was sub par and/or broken. Running around as a Black Orc stomping was cool as crap but all of the design and mechanics were totally butt.