PDA

View Full Version : No multiplayer?

Animal00000
11-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Seriously wtf?

Kaitostrike
11-04-2010, 09:53 AM
You do realize if it is multi-player, you would be taking out the one reason you are buying the game? You know, to play with the Heavy Weapons Guy, Strong Bad, Max, and Tycho? Kind of counter intuitive.

Animal00000
11-04-2010, 09:55 AM
You do realize if it is multi-player, you would be taking out the one reason you are buying the game? You know, to play with the Heavy Weapons Guy, Strong Bad, Max, and Tycho? Kind of counter intuitive.

It's nice to have all those guys in, but why no multiplayer? It would be more fun to play as the characters too online against others who love poker.

jdun
11-04-2010, 05:30 PM
The only reason why I bought this game was for the hat. The strong sell is due to TF2 community. Without multiplayeris not worth $5, $0.99 at the most. Poker was meant to be play with friends not some computer AI.

I think Valve and Telltale game miss a great opportunity here. This game would have be a great vehicle for social casual players. It allows the community to stay in touch with each other.

dBeta
11-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Official Response (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18293802&postcount=17).

efperel
11-04-2010, 06:03 PM
The real reason: it would cost too much money and time to make a multiplayer mode, and players will buy the game nevertheless for the hats themselves (and to play against the characters, obviously...), so why bother?

silentflood
11-04-2010, 06:28 PM
The only reason why I bought this game was for the hat. The strong sell is due to TF2 community. Without multiplayeris not worth $5, $0.99 at the most. Poker was meant to be play with friends not some computer AI.

I think Valve and Telltale game miss a great opportunity here. This game would have be a great vehicle for social casual players. It allows the community to stay in touch with each other.

Actually same here. Plus you play single-player to unlock other items on TF2. So basically you're paying $4.49 to get at least 4 or 5 items which in reality is worth it. But I do agree that no multiplayer will probably make me play the game a few times and quickly become bored of it. Or at least unlock all the items for TF2 and then never play it...

Mr_Keroro
11-04-2010, 06:31 PM
The real reason: it would cost too much money and time to make a multiplayer mode, and players will buy the game nevertheless for the hats themselves (and to play against the characters, obviously...), so why bother?I thought that, but not worth it.

Kissamies
11-06-2010, 09:09 AM
I wouldn't play it online anyways. Maybe I'll get bored of it pretty fast, but I bet it'll still last longer than a movie. Preordered it before there was any hats.

Robco101
11-06-2010, 09:51 AM
It's rather amazing how people can be pretty closed minded. Why not add a multiplayer? Why just see something one way, and never ask for it to be any different? Some people gripe that we already have over a million Card Game applications out there and we should keep any new idea as original as we see it on the cover of a movie or a package.

So I ask, what about room for improvement? Why be so pessimistic about something that could help? So, I ask, why make it crappier with killing suggestions than helping with making some suggestions? Where would the constitution be without improvement and suggestion? Need to be better folks!

I love playing computer AI sometimes, but, what about both AI, and players? People can throw their chips and TF2 item's on the table, and we'd have a real Poker party! I'm sure the heavy wont mind. :)

Mr_Twister_242
11-06-2010, 11:03 AM
As I said in another topic alredy : singleplayer poker with a good AI is closer to the real deal than multiplayer with fake money. People always play differently when they have nothing to lose. Additionally, this game seems to be more about the interaction between the characters and the humour involved.

The thing is not that people here are close minded, it's just that there are already numerous topics about this. It's getting really frustrating how the majority of topics here (and in the TF2 forum) are either to complain about the TF2 items, or to complain about no multiplayer.

I wouldn't mind if there would be multiplayer in the future, but at the moment there isn't any. It's not as if the developers just have to click a button and they would have multiplayer, it would really take them a lot of effort to add this.