PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to online servers.

Equinox_01
11-04-2010, 11:07 AM
I recently purchased Rainbow six 3 gold and I cannot connect to online games and my friend cannot connect to any games I make either. We can see each others games but get a server did not respond message. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I have Windows 7 64bit and have turned my firewall off. I have a linksys router and have DMZ set on it so all my computers ports are open and that doesnt help. I cannot see any ping speeds on any of the servers. I also have it installed on my old XP machine that runs through the same router and it has no trouble connecting to any servers, and it runs through the same router so i dont think its a router issue, it appears to be something to do with windows 7, and yes it is on my exemption list for my firewall, even though i turned the firewall off.

Also I have lockdown and my buddy and I have no problem connecting on that game.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to try next? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

DuckStab
11-15-2010, 07:33 PM
you could try GameRanger:

http://www.gameranger.com/games/

they support RS3 :)

moulkintog
01-14-2011, 07:05 PM
that dosnt help

rvs_twilight
01-15-2011, 02:14 AM
I know this seems obvious, but have you right clicked - properties - compatibility - run as administrator AND run in compatibility mode for XP? I do these two things to Ravenshield and Unrealed, and it works just fine for me in Windows 7.