PDA

View Full Version : infection free Zone

rustydog
11-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Seeing how most people drop off the server once infection game type rolls around I have taken it out of the bonus rounds.

Kyodan
11-04-2010, 03:02 PM
How did you do that? Is there a variable that turns it off server-side? If so, what is that variable?

FrontlinerDelta
11-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Hhmmm, I didn't care for infection but didn't particularly dislike it either. My dislike for Hunt the Leader is much more intense (you spend all that time gaining the lead and then boom you get killed 5 times, losing up to 5 stars every time you die, lame).

Shenzi
11-04-2010, 03:31 PM
too bad, me too rather dislike the "hunt the leader", but actually only if it was the very last round of a game.

so i like it the way the arcade mode was done except the above mentioned.

btw what's wrong with infected??? you can still shoot them down!

ShadowXOR
11-04-2010, 04:01 PM
That's lame, I really like Infection...guess I can't play on your servers anymore. I am sad. :(

rustydog
11-04-2010, 05:35 PM
That's lame, I really like Infection...guess I can't play on your servers anymore. I am sad. :(

not all of the servers have it removed. Pluse I was think of making a bounus only server running just the bonus modes.

DuckStab
11-04-2010, 07:55 PM
awww i really like infection

i think most people hate it because they try to lone wolf it. i always find the nearest uninfected players, team up with them and lead them to the shotgun and assault rifle locations i have memorized and we hold off the infected Killing Floor style. :D

the switch from Cloak and Dagger to Teamwork was always really refreshing and helped the game feel more varied, but i guess most other people don't feel that way :(

FrontlinerDelta
11-04-2010, 08:08 PM

i think most people hate it because they try to lone wolf it. i always find the nearest uninfected players, team up with them and lead them to the shotgun and assault rifle locations i have memorized and we hold off the infected Killing Floor style. :D

the switch from Cloak and Dagger to Teamwork was always really refreshing and helped the game feel more varied, but i guess most other people don't feel that way :(

I did, but then again I'm pretty good at "camping" it, lol. ;)

rustydog
11-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Ill be sure to make one server run infected as a bonus round.

Mike Dowd
11-05-2010, 01:32 AM

Another deterrent is that infection is the only event where you have to rely on the object collision which is a little sketchy. Sometimes you get trapped with another zombie in a small area and you can't get away and you both get kind of cluster♥♥♥♥ed. Come to think of it, I can think of way more situations where the collision hurts the game than helps it. I really don't understand how one player can block another in the toilets.

Aside from that, I think infected is the best event because the theme fits and it's not completely stupid like the other events.

Blood Money = Game just fails as twitch fps

Scene Stealer = Complete cluster♥♥♥♥ as you miskill trying to hit the statue in the middle of a mob of other players. I've made off far better by hanging back and stealing fame from people chasing the statue carrier.

Hunt the Leader = Too balancing. All the strategy and skill someone puts into perfect 8 point kills gets upset as the scores are normalized by Hunt the Leader.

I'm looking at The Ship and it might be cool but gawd does it look dated.

trendy11one
11-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Im disagree, u talking about situation, when u have 70-100 pts, when closest opponent on 30-50. Ofc, everyone on server will hunt u, but even there u can just kill everyone, who hunt u. If u make soo huge difference, its not big deal to run out.
But if game balanced, each kill give game new leader, so u can use this, if u 3 or 4, u can wait until end and then kill leader to get 1st place
Infected scene is a kind of lottery, if on start u become infected, big chance to stuck with it, coz non-infected just group and kill everyone(with shotgun in toilet on vegas, for example)

DuckStab
11-05-2010, 02:56 AM
Im disagree, u talking about situation, when u have 70-100 pts, when closest opponent on 30-50. Ofc, everyone on server will hunt u, but even there u can just kill everyone, who hunt u. If u make soo huge difference, its not big deal to run out.
But if game balanced, each kill give game new leader, so u can use this, if u 3 or 4, u can wait until end and then kill leader to get 1st place
Infected scene is a kind of lottery, if on start u become infected, big chance to stuck with it, coz non-infected just group and kill everyone(with shotgun in toilet on vegas, for example)

hmmmmm......that would be an interesting new mode. one person could start as EVERYONEs quarry and if you kill him then you get like 20 points or something awesome like that. then it switches the quarry to someone else random (or maybe the guy who killed the first quarry) and goes on like that.

i don't know about you but i'd play it :)

GrossKopf
11-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Seeing how most people drop off the server once infection game type rolls around I have taken it out of the bonus rounds.

I never had that problem on my server. I think it's a rather fun mode.

rustydog
11-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Funny thing , I went back to only one server not playing infected other than the short hunt server .

I also made a bonus round only where infected comes up quite a bit . It gets a lot of play .

ViSK05
11-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I love infection and I love hunt the leader, they are both very good.
Being the leader, just kill them all!!! gives you good points!

Bindal
11-08-2010, 01:04 AM
I love infection and I love hunt the leader, they are both very good.
Being the leader, just kill them all!!! gives you good points!
I know what you mean. I was leader once on a full 16-slot server. Getting hunted by 15 other players is hilarious. Yeah, I died three or four times, but also got a few nice kills. I think like 12 so in the end, I had exact the same amount of fame as before and won.
Still, it was great. :D

I also wouldn't mind to have infection as a main-mode instead of a bonus-take. I mean, Deathmatch already has that with being Blood Money as bonus-take. (And Revenge could be also a bonus-round in addion to being a main-mode)