PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having a hard time not calling this The Ship 2?

ShadowXOR
11-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I keep forgetting the name and just calling it The Ship 2 constantly.

I actually feel this game is fast enough, and The Ship is slow enough, that they're both good games I'll always have installed and play whichever depending on my mood.

MrBrown
11-05-2010, 07:55 AM
Not really, for me it's different enough. I like how Outerlight created two unique scenarios for a smiliar type of gameplay.

Shenzi
11-05-2010, 05:06 PM
actually it IS the sequel to the ship/ship2, originally named "hollywood murder party". whatever deal with ubisoft made them change the name...

Half Kill
11-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Still a shame that Outerlight will probably never make a game again because publishers are greedy bastards... at least Ubisoft is.

ShadowXOR
11-07-2010, 03:36 AM
actually it IS the sequel to the ship/ship2, originally named "hollywood murder party". whatever deal with ubisoft made them change the name...

I know it's "The Ship 2" spiritually, but that's not the name of the game but I keep accidentally calling it that still.

Half Kill
11-07-2010, 04:23 AM
I know it's "The Ship 2" spiritually, but that's not the name of the game but I keep accidentally calling it that still.

Yea you keep calling a game that has nothing to do with ships ship 2......

Marsbergen
11-07-2010, 06:59 AM
It's a spiritual successor that uses a similar concept. Nothing wrong with calling it The Ship 2.

elixenie
11-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I would have been happy to see a proper sequel to The Ship, which had a unique, charming atmosphere and a scenario that made it fun to sneak about pretending not to be the killer, or wondering who was hunting you, or just being a bystander. Even though it was very Sims-influenced, the old fashioned style and reserved action prevented it from being lame.

This game is loaded with overused stereotypes, forced hilarity, and other lameness which ruins what was already a convoluted and unfunny setup. Needs are right in the middle of the action, the map layout makes tracking your mark a meaningless act, and the substitution of forced spec for jail is so one-sided I can't imagine why they didn't just make killing innocents impossible. And then any intrigue or suspense that could have survived the premise is negated by the director's endless interruptions and forced changing of the game variant.

Please somebody remember to post when The Ship 2 actually happens. I'd hope to see it someday in a modded version of this game, but good f. luck with that in the present atmosphere of planned obsolescence and lockdown.

bonz
11-07-2010, 04:07 PM
Well, the character biography of the Clown states that he was "charged with the mass murder of a group of tourists onboard a cruise ship".
:D

Shingy
11-08-2010, 12:56 AM
To be honest though it was meant to be The Ship 2 until Ubisoft said they wanted to get away from that series, so the name change is all due to Ubisoft being greedy filthy people.

Shoelip
11-09-2010, 07:07 AM
I never call it The Ship 2. If anything I might call it "The Ship Dumbed Down for Consoles". With the new setting I kinda wish it had actually tried something new with the gameplay. Rather than just making it a consolized The Ship it would have been cool if they actually made a Slasher Movie game where there was one killer and the other players had to work together to find out who or what it was and survive. And then the needs could be pot, beer, premarital sex, and skinny dipping. :)