PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling a pre-order question

FLD_Drk108
11-05-2010, 02:09 AM
I pre-ordered COD: Black Ops last week but now I unfortunately need to cancel the pre-order. :(

I submitted a support ticket and everything. But I was wondering, I sent the ticket just now, and I assume support won't respond to it during the week-end. So while the game is technically coming out in 4 days, that leaves only friday, and then monday for them to respond to me before the release date.

If they don't get around to my ticket by the time the game comes out, will I be screwed? Or will they usually agree to cancel the pre-order so long as the request was submitted before the release date?

sad_ism
11-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Saw this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1117862

Note the wording of the return policy:
We can make an exception for pre-ordered games if the request is received prior to the release date.

I suppose that means you're okay. Your chances might be better if you don't download and activate the game, if they don't get back to you before the release :)

banglam080
11-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Or you could gift it to me. :P

kakkerlak
11-05-2010, 04:35 AM
support also works weekends.

FLD_Drk108
11-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Note the wording of the return policy:
We can make an exception for pre-ordered games if the request is received prior to the release date.

Yeah, I saw that and assumed I was okay. But I still wanted to ask in case someone had ever been unlucky because they made the request too late or something.

support also works weekends.
Really? Guess I should be okay then. Thanks!

kakkerlak
11-05-2010, 01:37 PM
they started working weekend shifts about a year ago.
I personaly know of a few tickets responded to on a sunday.

there is also a post of a valve staff member confirming it.(somewere :P)