PDA

View Full Version : lost times

knapman
11-05-2010, 12:27 PM
just picked up the game, in the hour i've been playing i've noticed on quite a few occasions my best time was ignored, this seems quite a big issue for a game based around perfecting your times, im sure you can understand it is annoying to spend ages trying to beat a time and when you finally do the game doesn't save it

other than that enjoying the game, was going to wait for a demo but glad i took a chance on it

Sairon
11-05-2010, 02:10 PM
Do you get another time on the time counter at the top or are you invisible on the leader boards? We've been seeing some issues with the leader boards sometimes not responding, I think this is down to high load though as it usually starts to work after a little while.

knapman
11-05-2010, 03:47 PM
The counter at the top of the screen seems fine, shows my current time, but when it happens its like it ignores the run I just finished and the leaderboard shows a previous best time

screenshot (http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh237/fatdogm/nimbus_problem.jpg)

Sairon
11-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Ah, I'll put it on my list of stuff to fix.

Bairemuth
11-07-2010, 01:06 AM
Similar problem has happened to me...

http://i54.tinypic.com/29z4ghh.jpg

Extremely frustrating to say the least especially when you put in that seemingly perfect run and the time doesn't even get recorded.

DarthPsymon
11-07-2010, 05:47 AM
I seem to have a different version of 'lost times'.
I beat Goleyeath today but didn't get the achievement, or the one for all levels beat (assuming that doesn't need scrapyard, since it's got it's own achievement) so I went back to check past levels and the leader board wasn't appearing for some, like when you're new to it. I then did the level and that time became my leaderboard time.

1nsane89
11-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Psymon:
I had similiar problem with all achivements, they were not registered until I restarted the game again. Nothing too major, but sort of annoying not knowing right away if you got the achievement or not.

DarthPsymon
11-07-2010, 09:51 AM
ah yes, they're all there now. how odd.

Sairon
11-07-2010, 01:17 PM
There won't be a fix for this in the new patch coming tomorrow, but it's at the top of our priorities for the following patch. As you say, these kind of bugs suck in competitive games :(

Patoum
11-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi fellows! :)

I got the same problem. Times that are not taken in account. And never will ^^
I can restart the game or wait, it won't be recorded.

Usually it goes like this : I start the game and i try a level. First time i beat my highscore is alright, but next highscores aren't recorded.

And yes, it is really frustrating :D

but keep up the good work!

This is a great game! :cool:

Sairon
11-15-2010, 12:30 PM
In case you have it happen to you it messes up for the current level, so you have to restart the game to get high scores working for that particular level again. I've been working on this today, it's not fixed yet but it's close :)

Patoum
11-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Great! Thanks a bunch! :D

I tried again and especially on the first level, it won't record anything anymore ^^

So i'll try to beat my times later when it's fixed because...hmmm...having a whole lot of luck to see the time not beeing recorded is awful! :D

Thanks again for your work Sairon! And the fact that you participate in the forums discussion! \o/

ogogog!

Sairon
11-17-2010, 03:44 AM
We've talked to steam about this, apparently there's a limit on the number of high scores a user can submit, which is 10 per 10 minutes. Sadly we didn't know about this limitation and we submit the score every time you complete a level ( it only keeps the best score anyway ). So if you complete a level more than 10 times per 10 minutes it will stop recording your scores for a while. This is fixed in the next patch, because it will only submit if your new score is better. We still have to handle the case where someone actually beats their previous best more than 10 times in a row during 10 minutes however which is really troublesome, even if it realistically almost never would happen.