PDA

View Full Version : well, pewpy.

frazorg
11-05-2010, 01:49 PM
i bought and started downloading the game allmost the instant the game was on offer

guess what?

its still downloading (58 percent)

for one day i didnt use the internet for ANYTHING ELSE AT ALL

and im hardwired

i have broadband

what the hell

mejorquenada
11-05-2010, 02:01 PM
ehhh... either you have a black hole installed in your computer, or you need to talk to your isp.. because I started dl'ing when it went on sale and I was getting 800 Mb/s avg. I let it run thru the night and it was done in the morning.

You might want to check and see if your download region is set correctly in the settings.

arizonachris
11-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Took me a little over 6 hours to download (it does include all the patches) and I have AT&T DSL at 4Gbps. Steam seems to cap download speeds at about 650Mbps. So I think it's the Steam server capping out, not you.

Then again, DSL is very different from Broadband. Broadband is cable, so the more users on that same line, the slower your download speed will be. Too many neighbors watching Netflix can kill you.

mejorquenada
11-05-2010, 07:15 PM
maybe do a speedtest, let us know what you get, and then we can figure out if it's you or steam.

frazorg
11-08-2010, 09:44 AM
turns out my internet is just being crappy becasue of them attempting to put in fibre optics (i got 32kbps on speed test)

Pvt.Snail
11-08-2010, 12:46 PM
turns out my internet is just being crappy becasue of them attempting to put in fibre optics (i got 32kbps on speed test)

At that speed it is going to take...awhile. OUCH. :(

arizonachris
11-08-2010, 08:55 PM

32K? That's like dial up! Guess you just have to sit it out. :o

mejorquenada
11-08-2010, 10:40 PM
If I'm paying for broadband and get speeds like that, I'd be askin for some money back from the local ISP

arizonachris
11-09-2010, 01:06 AM
If I'm paying for broadband and get speeds like that, I'd be askin for some money back from the local ISP

Yeah, bro, I'd be really snapped about that one. I know Broadband isn't cheap here in the U.S. I opted for DSL but it was a 2 year agreement for the deal I got.

Kerrby
11-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Why does this game have to be so ♥♥♥♥ing big? Seriously 12GB? Ugh.