PDA

View Full Version : Using a PS3 control for GTA: Vice City and San Andreas

max3091
11-05-2010, 03:47 PM
Is was wondering if it is possible to play GTA Vice City and San Andreas with the PS3 control as i am more familiar with the controls. Normally the keyboard and mouse rules but, i had spent years playing these games with the PS2 control and i would like it to say that way.

zp2525
11-05-2010, 11:05 PM
yup u just need the drivers for it and use xpadder
i personally dont do this cause my controller is ps3/pc but it works all the same

Warmo161
11-06-2010, 01:54 AM
yea, use xpadder, but if you do, can you upload the config file/s or screenshots? as i am always exiting the game and continusly changing them lol

RedDragon513
11-06-2010, 02:48 AM
San Andreas already has PS2 controller support, I think it should also work with the PS3 controller without any extra tools.

max3091
11-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the help ;) but how would you configure the button layout as the x button doesn't do what a x button is suppose to do if you get me :p

OmegaXtreme420
11-06-2010, 06:47 PM
i can't get this to work whatsoever

TocNSA
11-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Might work....

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=395544

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=198093

cky4987
11-07-2010, 01:49 PM
Well After a lot of searching, and messing around
I've found a solution that worked for me. Maybe it can help you out too.
1. Download The folder I uploaded. It has everything you need for this to work.
2. Install the Motionjoy drivers for your ps3 controller. There is a 32 and 64 bit driver. You can now plug in your ps3 controller.
3 Copy the gta-sc.exe to this location, and replace the exe already in there with this one.
(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto san andreas)
4.Open The SAAC folder and launch the program. At the bottom there is a preset dropdown box. Select "San Andreas PS3 Controls" Also In the top right corner there is a Device dropdown box. Select "MotionJoy Virtual Game Controller"
5. Keep "SACC" running and launch Grand theft auto san andreas. Test the controls to make sure they work and you should be all good to go.

Notes: Replacing the exe with the one i provided also downgrades your version of san andreas to version 1. This will also allow you to use mods with the game.
This was tested and worked with Windows 7 64-bit.
Everytime you want to use these controls you must launch SACC first then launch the game.
I haven't found a soulution for Vice City yet, But I'm working on it.

Hope this helps.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8Z1ZOSC0

pigosso
11-07-2010, 02:24 PM
try to download the motionjoy driver and to recognize to windows the sixasis/dualshock as a x360 controller
this work for me

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

cky4987
11-07-2010, 02:29 PM
try to download the motionjoy driver and to recognize to windows the sixasis/dualshock as a x360 controller
this work for me

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

I tried that and was still having some trouble getting some buttons to work
If you use my method the controls are exactly the same as on the playstation 2.

Also you won't have to mess with any of the controls the preset is already there.

OmegaXtreme420
11-07-2010, 03:40 PM
2. Install the Motionjoy drivers for your ps3 controller. There is a 32 and 64 bit driver. You can now plug in your ps3 controller.
3 Copy the gta-sc.exe to this location, and replace the exe already in there with this one.
4.Open The SAAC folder and launch the program. At the bottom there is a preset dropdown box. Select "San Andreas PS3 Controls" Also In the top right corner there is a Device dropdown box. Select "MotionJoy Virtual Game Controller"
5. Keep "SACC" running and launch Grand theft auto san andreas. Test the controls to make sure they work and you should be all good to go.

Notes: Replacing the exe with the one i provided also downgrades your version of san andreas to version 1. This will also allow you to use mods with the game.
Everytime you want to use these controls you must launch SACC first then launch the game.

Hope this helps.

gonna try this nothing else has worked

cky4987
11-07-2010, 03:43 PM
gonna try this nothing else has worked

Let me know how it works for you.

OmegaXtreme420
11-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Let me know how it works for you.

ok well it kinda worked but no analog and saac doesn't launch it acts like it wants to then nothing edit: i didn't replace exe with older version do i need to and why?

cky4987
11-07-2010, 04:06 PM
ok well it kinda worked but no analog and saac doesn't launch it acts like it wants to then nothing

hmm. weird. What version of windows you running? If Windows 7 maybe try running as admin or switching the compatibility. I tried it on my laptop which is also windows 7 and didn't run across that problem. As for the analog sticks not working open up the ds3 tool and select "Analog Gamepad 1(POV,joysticks)" mode then click enable. that should fix that. It won't all work right unless you get SAAC to run though.

OmegaXtreme420
11-07-2010, 04:15 PM
hmm. weird. What version of windows you running? If Windows 7 maybe try running as admin or switching the compatibility. I tried it on my laptop which is also windows 7 and didn't run across that problem. As for the analog sticks not working open up the ds3 tool and select "Analog Gamepad 1(POV,joysticks)" mode then click enable. that should fix that. It won't all work right unless you get SAAC to run though.

win7 home premium 64 bit could try xp or something

walk_star
11-07-2010, 05:38 PM

Hope this helps.

This solution worked PERFECTLY for me!! I'm running Windows XP 32-bit. THANK YOU cky4987!

Solid Sawyer
10-25-2011, 09:39 PM
I finally got this to work, amazing. I've tried SACC before with no luck, I think using the 1.0 EXE did the trick. I also had to set my Dualshock 3 to Playstation 2 (POV, Joysticks) in DS3Tool to get the sticks working. Bought this game a few years ago and now it's finally playable. Thanks. Will launching the game from the Steam client cause any problems considering the swapped EXE? Will Steam recognize it's wrong and try to replace it?

Seems to work through steam, cool.