PDA

View Full Version : How do I play the single-player game?

duckcs
11-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Hello, I've activated an key for Dark Messiah Might and Magic on steam, but I can only play the multy-player game!

The singleplayer is not listed on my games list, and when I open the MP, and click on the option "Launch singleplayer game", the game closes and nothing happens!

How do I play the singleplayer version of Dark Messiah?

PS: I've downloaded the demo, but it crashes as I try to run it (mm.exe found an error and had to close etc) :D

Orange Ninja
11-07-2010, 01:29 PM
What are you specs?

Try running on a lower resolution and ridding the start-up video by typing the following into your game's launch options (Right-click, Properties, Set Launch Options):

"-w 1280 -h 800 -novid" (no quotes).

duckcs
11-07-2010, 01:43 PM
and how that would help me? rsrs

this have nothing to do with single-player game, have it? lol

but I'll try =]
thx

my spec: dual core e6300 3.3 Ghz, 9800GT AMP Edition 512MB 700/1800, 3GB DDR2 800

MADDOGGE
11-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Did you install it? There are two entries for DMM&M in my library one for MP (which I don't have installed) and one for SP which I do. Change your library to show all games and look for the SP. If grayed out, install and you should be good to go.;):)

duckcs
11-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Did you install it? There are two entries for DMM&M in my library one for MP (which I don't have installed) and one for SP which I do. Change your library to show all games and look for the SP. If grayed out, install and you should be good to go.;):)

lol I only have the multiplayer version

the singleplayer isn't available, even to download o.o

I've bought this key from some guy, but if I can play the multiplayer, I should be able to play the singleplayer as well "

Orange Ninja
11-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Oh, then perhaps there's a problem with the actual validation of the game?

But if not, try the launch options on the demo, if you can. If it works, then you'll know what to do with the SP version when you can see it!

duckcs
11-07-2010, 03:26 PM
yeah gonna do it, I'm downloading demo again

I've deleted it to see if it works lol

MADDOGGE
11-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Just downloaded the MP to be sure. This game has two separate file folders and two separate exe.'s Thats why it's listed twice. One is MP game the other SP game. They are sold as a package on Steam but they aren't integrated as most games are. The key you have is for the MP. You will most likely need a SP key to play the SP game.

This is why you don't buy CD keys or used Steam games. It's not safe. He ripped you off and only gave you half a game.

johann_
11-07-2010, 04:41 PM
can you make a multiplayer shortcut on desktop and edit it with steam://rungameid/2100 then launch it?

duckcs
11-08-2010, 05:38 AM
So, my key is only valid for multi-player gaming? lol

Can't I play it on singleplayer mode? never seen it before, that key should unlock both singleplayer and multiplayer

MADDOGGE
11-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Thats what I'm guessing since it seems to be like FEAR1 is. The SP and MP being separate exe's. I agree though there should be only one key.

On the other hand the game may be borked currently. I downloaded the MP which I don't play yesterday to check for you and though I have played the SP 6-8 months ago, I am now unable to play either SP or MP. Keeps crashing telling me I'm missing a file though I have verified repeatedly and deleted my Blob file.:confused:

Send a support ticket. I just wouldn't mention that you simply bought a key. Maybe they can sort it out for you. I guess I'll have to do the same since I've done all the usual things to get a Steam game running and it won't. Nothing in the stickies either on my problem.:(

EDIT: Games are working fine now. One file was installed in the wrong folder.

duckcs
11-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Yeah I did sent a ticket 3 days ago, still no answer.

My SP Demo keeps crashing, what file was wrong? How did u fix?

MADDOGGE
11-09-2010, 07:33 PM
Yeah I did sent a ticket 3 days ago, still no answer.

My SP Demo keeps crashing, what file was wrong? How did u fix?I had to put a copy of the binkw32.dll file found in the bin folder into the main folder. The game couldn't find it in the bin folder. It had no problem finding it 6 months ago.:confused:

duckcs
11-15-2010, 02:20 PM
I've received a message from support, they said basically that it isn't their problem, and sent me to support forum from ubisoft, that no longer exists.

still can't play Singleplayer mode, wich is a in-game option of multiplayer mode... :s

oscilloscopa
11-16-2010, 09:34 AM
There is a Polish Gamemagazine which offers free Keys for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. Well this keys are also only for the Multiplayer.

http://www.cdaction.pl/

if you try to get a key from that side you need an account and a polish ip

Raefzm
12-09-2010, 05:42 AM
"I've bought this key from some guy"

Yeah, theres your loss. Don't do that.

Also, i hate when they have to seperate 'games' on steam, when its the same ♥♥♥♥ing game. As with Black Ops. Its "black ops - singleplayer " and "black ops - multiplayer" instead of just Black Ops"

that pisses me off like hell.

you didn't buy the game from Thermal#2 btw did you? ;)

duckcs
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
"I've bought this key from some guy"

Yeah, theres your loss. Don't do that.

Also, i hate when they have to seperate 'games' on steam, when its the same ♥♥♥♥ing game. As with Black Ops. Its "black ops - singleplayer " and "black ops - multiplayer" instead of just Black Ops"

that jaratees me off like hell.

you didn't buy the game from Thermal#2 btw did you? ;)

nah I didn't

why?

Raefzm
12-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Just wondering. A person with that name wanted to trade with me, but it turned out he had the MP version only, wich i found very strange.

amarutuF
12-10-2010, 11:31 AM
lol I only have the multiplayer version

the singleplayer isn't available, even to download o.o

I've bought this key from some guy, but if I can play the multiplayer, I should be able to play the singleplayer as well "

lol

dont buy from some guy, cos he sold you the mp game and not the sp (they are seperate game folders/ directories)

you got suckered.