PDA

View Full Version : Do the games in the classic pack have SecuRom?

poster519
11-07-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm thinking about buying the GTA classic pack since it's on sale, but I will not buy any game on steam that has SecuRom. The individual game pages do not say that they have SecuRom, but I've heard some games do even though their game page doesn't specify.

Can anyone who has the games in the classic pack tell me if any of them contain SecuRom? Thanks.

anye123
11-07-2010, 05:15 PM
GTA III and Vice City do not. I've heard that San Andreas had Securom 7, but I don't know if that was removed on the Steam version - it's not installed on my machine.

poster519
11-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Anyone here know if San Andreas has SecuRom?

Curs3d
11-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Just downloaded and loaded up San Andreas. Didn't see anything about SecuRom. Then again, I didn't have any programs to monitor if it did.

However, Steam is pretty good with letting you know which games comes with third-party DRM through the product description page. And since San Andreas didn't mention anything about SecuRom, I'm sure it's safe.

I say you should grab the pack while it's still on sale (less than 12 hours left!).

On another note, if you're interested in the list of Steam games that has third-party DRM, this unofficial thread might be what you're looking for: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1537801
And, no; San Andreas isn't on the list. :)