PDA

View Full Version : This Game Is Currently Unavailable????

majorharvester
11-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Id like to know what the hell is up with this game! I PRE-ORDERED... PRE- LOADED and yet when I go to play the game I get a message in a box titled "Steam - Error" The message says "This game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time."

WTH is this all about? Anyone else getting this? Anyone know why this happening? Did Steam take the game down to fix it? Im clueless why I am getting this message, especially considering I am getting it on both Multi and SINGLE PLAYER.

ZeroByte11
11-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Same here but with multiplayer only. Single player is fine I just played some solo zombie.

Leon2109
11-09-2010, 01:28 PM
I just right clicked Black Ops and selected the option 'Delete Local Content' and then I installed the game again. After that it says the exact same thing. This game is currently unavailable, please try again later.

I thought the installation went wrong but it seems it's steam/treyarch messing around to fix stuff probably.

majorharvester
11-09-2010, 09:34 PM
I just did this... in Steam I right clicked on the game and selected "View Downloadable Content" then when that screen came up I selected the "Local Files" tab and in there I clicked on "verify Integrity of game cache" it found that 49 of my files failed and it is now redownloading those files.

When my files were done downloading... i clicked play and then it went through some more install steps and that was it... it worked. I am now playing the game with no problems... single player anyway... I am about to go try out multiplayer. Just wanted to stop here quickly and tell everyone my solution to this problem.

highrise
11-09-2010, 10:25 PM
I have this issue with MP mode. I am able to play SP mode.

Please let us know if anyone has updates.

barronbeavis
12-17-2010, 08:19 AM
You go out and drop $60.00 bucks on a game and you can't even use the darn thing. Seem to me if ♥♥♥ were any other item bought in any other store you would get refunded or compensated for your inconvenience. I think Steam, Treyarch, or Activision, or whoever should do the same for all of us stuck with a useless pile of software that we cannot use. I love the COD series but I think that they need to get into perspective that they are providing us with a nothing for $60 bucks. It's robbery!

DArkSlice
12-17-2010, 08:29 AM
bit of an old thread to be digging up, is the game down?

nejcm14
01-30-2011, 07:32 AM
haha..and me..i cant play SP and can play mp..funny :D

Ave07
01-30-2011, 08:20 AM
I reinstalled steam and the game and it works fine for me now.

Lewismio
02-12-2011, 01:22 PM
My black ops was doing the same thing. i went into properties by right clicking the game and found out that the game was not automatically downloading updates. I change it to automatically download them and then after they finished the game worked.

Hope this helps!

highrise
04-11-2011, 04:23 PM
WTF.

I wanted to play some SP mode today but got a message that this game is currently unavailable.

I searched the forum to find this thread and realized I posted in here back in November - I said it didn't work for MP but now SP!!!

WTF. Why Why Why

Why won't you let me play my games?

pixels
04-11-2011, 07:44 PM
You go out and drop $60.00 bucks on a game and you can't even use the darn thing. Seem to me if ♥♥♥ were any other item bought in any other store you would get refunded or compensated for your inconvenience. I think Steam, Treyarch, or Activision, or whoever should do the same for all of us stuck with a useless pile of software that we cannot use. I love the COD series but I think that they need to get into perspective that they are providing us with a nothing for $60 bucks. It's robbery!

well how about contacting THEM instead of biching in the forums?
how can we help you? gtfo and stfu

btdub
04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
This has NOTHING to do with Treyarch or the game. This is a STEAM issue. Relax.

When this happens, a lot of ADD prone people will start changing settings for Automatic updates, uninstall, reinstall, etc. Then when they see that it works when they get it back going a few minutes later = FIX! Simply waiting instead of doing all that nonsense will suffice.

Chill out, wait for 5-10 minutes and give it another shot.

rogue56
07-19-2011, 10:06 AM
All of a sudden I'm getting "game is not available", noticed that all the post are over a year old, does anyone know why I can't log into the game??? Single mode works fine

MartiinC
07-19-2011, 10:26 AM
All of a sudden I'm getting "game is not available", noticed that all the post are over a year old, does anyone know why I can't log into the game??? Single mode works fine

Go to black ops mp right click and hit properties then go to local files and verify integrity of game cache and that's your solution.

lachoh
09-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Yes Martiinc it right
Do this Go to Steam->Library->Call of Duty -Multiplayer-> right click -> Properties->Local File and verify and defragment files
This help me :)))

6macci6
09-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Oh look...seems familiar...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2120998

NNetopierik
11-14-2011, 06:50 AM
This is steam server problem.I payd for this fckin game and i want to play it 2 times a month.And when i want to, its not working.. So engineers from steam: Do something or i want my money back...
If i pay for something i want to have that. What could say an inspection about this? 2 days it not work..

Sprinx
11-14-2011, 09:19 AM
This thread is like a zombie. Can someone please just shoot it in the head.