PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops Config Tweaks And Improve Latency

whoiis25
11-09-2010, 05:34 PM
http://www.ddpulse.com/latest/black-ops-config-tweaks

Black Ops Config Tweaks

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players

open config_mp.cfg with wordpad not notepad

make these changes. Helps with lag and nice tweaks for gameplay

this is order which they are found

seta cg_blood "0"-Sets blood to off
seta cg_brass "0" -Sets Bullets to off

seta cg_drawBreathHint "0" -No longer will show breath hint

seta cg_drawFPS "Simple" -Shows your FPS in game.

seta cg_drawMantleHint "0" -No longer will tell you to jump over things

seta cg_fov_default "80" -Max Field of vision

seta cg_hudDamageIconHeight "150"
seta cg_hudDamageIconInScope "0"
seta cg_hudDamageIconOffset "10" -the red circle that displays when you get hit. Makes it more of an arrow.
seta cg_hudDamageIconTime "4000" "Best Tweak that no one really knows." Also works in Mw2
seta cg_hudDamageIconWidth "25"

seta cg_hudGrenadeIconEnabledFlash "1" -Shows nearby by flashes/or stuns with an arrow
seta cg_youInKillCamSize "2" - when you are in the killcam, there is a circle above your head. Just makes it smaller.

seta cl_maxpackets "100" - improves latency
seta cl_maxPing "110" -Max Ping when searching for random ranked game. (You change to a bit higher if you like)"

seta com_maxfps "125" - this will matter if you have vsync set to "0"

seta r_aaSamples "2" - You can set it to 0 to see if that helps your performance

seta r_blur_allowed "0"- Off to improve performance

seta r_distortion "0" - Off to improve performance
seta r_dof_enable "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_gfxopt_water_simulation "0"- Off to improve performance

seta r_glow_allowed "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_motionblur_enable "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_multithreaded_device "1" -enable mutlicore processing

seta r_picmip "1" - Texture quaitly 0 is extra and 5 is lowest quailty.
seta r_picmip_bump "1" - this is what mine is set to. Set all to 5 for lowest quailty
seta r_picmip_manual "1" - or play with the settings till you find what works for you.
seta r_picmip_spec "1"
seta r_picmip_water "1"

seta r_shaderWarming "1" -improves performance

seta r_specular "0" -Off to improve performance

seta r_zfeather "0" -Off to improve performance

seta ragdoll_enable "0" - I have mine set to off.
seta ragdoll_max_simulating "8" - just a small tweaks. Less bodies ragdolling lower the better for performance if you have ragdoll enabled.

seta sm_enable "0" - Turns shadows off to improve performance
seta sm_maxLights "0" - number of muzzle flashes from gun fires. 0 to improve performance

Make sure shadows are turned off in game. Very important for performance.

seta snaps "30" - Better hit registration.

If you have any question email at whoiis@ddpulse.com or i am online alot on my website. Just registrator for a free account at www.ddpulse.com and login. There is a chat option on the bottom when you are logged in. Ask me whatever. Thx Who I is

mx_
11-09-2010, 05:42 PM
Bumping.

Hi2u! Tw1TcH
11-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Should note that multi-thread support is off by default and this can cause alot of stuttering.

If you have multi-core make sure to change this via console or cfg - will help tremendously. (default value is 0 - which is not good for multi core cpus)

Exinjeru
11-10-2010, 01:47 AM
The game does not use multicores properly, OR videocard resources. This option is only fixing 1/3rd of the problem.

Link-To-This
11-10-2010, 01:59 AM
Some things i changed and got a nice performance boost

seta r_drawSun "0"
seta r_drawWater "0"

seta r_flame_allowed "0"
seta r_flameFX_distortionScaleFactor "0 1 1 0.511918"
seta r_flameFX_enable "0"
seta r_flameFX_fadeDuration "0.5"
seta r_flameFX_FPS "1"
seta r_flameFX_magnitude "0.0215147"

seta r_gfxopt_dynamic_foliage "0"
seta r_gfxopt_water_simulation "0"
seta r_glow_allowed "0"

seta r_motionblur_directionFactor "0.001"
seta r_motionblur_enable "0"
seta r_motionblur_frameBased_enable "0"
seta r_motionblur_maxblur "0"
seta r_motionblur_numberOfSamples "0"
seta r_motionblur_positionFactor "0.01"

seta r_waterSheetingFX_allowed "0"
seta r_waterSheetingFX_distortionScaleFactor "0.021961 1 0 0"
seta r_waterSheetingFX_enable "0"
seta r_waterSheetingFX_fadeDuration "0"
seta r_waterSheetingFX_magnitude "0.0655388"
seta r_waterSheetingFX_radius "4.44051"
seta r_zFeather "0"
seta ragdoll_enable "0"
seta ragdoll_max_simulating "0"

seta r_depthPrepass "0"

seta r_blur_allowed "0"

seta cl_maxpackets "100"

GFUNK
11-10-2010, 05:28 AM
thanks OP some of those tweaks were awesome

whoiis25
11-12-2010, 04:31 PM
updated config above

BigeAsy
11-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Here are some nice config tweaks for black ops.

http://www.ddpulse.com/latest/black-ops-config-tweaks
Black Ops Config Tweaks

go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\call of duty black ops\players
open config_mp.cfg with wordpad not notepad
make these changes. Helps with lag and nice tweaks for gameplay
this is order which they are found

seta cg_blood "0"-Sets blood to off
seta cg_brass "0" -Sets Bullets to off

seta cg_drawBreathHint "0" -No longer will show breath hint
seta cg_drawMantleHint "0" -No longer will tell you to jump over things

seta cg_fov_default "80" -Field of vision

seta cg_hudDamageIconHeight "150"
seta cg_hudDamageIconInScope "0"
seta cg_hudDamageIconOffset "10" - This is the red circle that displays when you get hit. Makes it more of an arrow.
seta cg_hudDamageIconTime "3000" "Best Tweak that no one really knows." Also works in Mw2
seta cg_hudDamageIconWidth "50"

seta cg_hudGrenadeIconEnabledFlash "1" -Shows nearby by flashes/or stuns with an arrow
seta cg_youInKillCamSize "2" - when you are in the killcam, there is a circle above your head. Just makes it smaller.

seta cl_maxpackets "100" - improves latency

seta cl_maxPing "110" -Max Ping when searching for random ranked game. (You change to a bit higher if you like)"

seta com_maxfps "125" - this will matter if you have vsync set to "0"

seta r_aaSamples "1"

seta r_blur_allowed "0"- Off to improve performance

seta r_distortion "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_dof_enable "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_glow_allowed "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_motionblur_enable "0" - Off to improve performance

seta r_specular "0" -Off to improve performance

seta ragdoll_enable "0" - I have mine set to off.

seta ragdoll_max_simulating "8" - just a small tweaks. Less bodies ragdolling lower the better for performance

seta snaps "30"

Check out http://www.ddpulse.com for more config tweaks and tips.

00BBBC48: 'Create a multithreaded d3d device.',0
00BBBC6C: 'r_multithreaded_device',0

Doesnt turn on multicores.

TheMirror
11-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks

Pathard
11-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Nice, thanks.

TheMirror
11-13-2010, 01:59 AM
What tweaks the draw distance? after applying those it is shortened and sometimes objects or textures will draw right in front of me (these changes gave me like 30-40 FPS increase though)

frostcircus
11-13-2010, 02:19 AM
It's not related to performance, but thank you so much for showing how to remove the breath hint.

sonypcg
11-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Could you please tell me how to set the resolution by modifying the config file.waiting for you respone

Aragagg
11-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Could you please tell me how to set the resolution by modifying the config file.waiting for you respone

Thats simple, edit the seta r_mode line :)

Example:

seta r_mode "1920x1200"

Essef
12-11-2010, 12:00 PM
With a E5300@3.3ghz, seta r_multithreaded_device "1" CAUSE massive stuttering.

whoiis25
12-30-2010, 11:00 AM
updated 12/30/2010

BudBrownie
01-10-2011, 05:12 PM
I just wish u could remove specular map..

F1eld
01-10-2011, 06:10 PM
lol how bad are your guys rigs where you are shutting off 'blood' and 'ragdoll' to get better performance? LLOL GetGood

Luftwacko
01-27-2011, 04:51 PM
free bump :)

mx_
01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
lol how bad are your guys rigs where you are shutting off 'blood' and 'ragdoll' to get better performance? LLOL GetGood

It's personal preference. No matter how good of a PC you have, removing said features will increase your FPS, as well as other commands. Get 300FPS stock? Great, now you get 325, 350, etc.

Get educated.

choobiedo
01-27-2011, 05:12 PM
It's personal preference. No matter how good of a PC you have, removing said features will increase your FPS, as well as other commands. Get 300FPS stock? Great, now you get 325, 350, etc.

Get educated.

LOL if only 3arch would get educated and learn how to fix their broken game.

LiquidSnake
01-27-2011, 06:25 PM
A thread well worth. Thank you.

zillion333
02-10-2011, 05:35 PM
sadly that doesnt work :(. When you go into the game it still keeps the resolution you had set ingame

fresh80
02-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Is this still the latest and greatest to use? I do run max settings on mostly everything now that I have a new PC but I still made some minor tweaks. I still get the 5 second complete lockup in game about a handful times a day.

I'm on 20MB down 5MB up internet. Thanks

y0bailey
02-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Nice!

SgtSp0ck
03-06-2011, 11:07 PM
couple of things worth to test.

- max prerendered frames 8 (default 3)
- make sure u have decent gaming mouse. Would u be surprised if u would kno mouse can cause stuttering? It rly can. For example in my case, I threw away MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 (which has been awesome in other games) and plugged in Ulti-Mat Chill gaming mouse. When I made test rounds i was like :O The difference was huge.

Those two things removed nearly fully every 'slideshow' effects and other unwanted effects from my game. Btw for some ppl there is great thing to mention which I saw couple of days ago. One seemly clever gamer said "try to focus to right things, not only to blindly increasing the fps". So even at lower fps ur game can run silky smooth. Just do this command cg_drawfps 0 and then focus to see how game runs and try different settings, one at a time until u see u are in right direction. Means do not replace whole thing or even half of it bcs it just can make u swearing more. It's just bcs every computers are different, as u might kno already. Oh and dont forget gpu control panel.

There are several test how ragdoll, glow, sun, water etc. tweaks affects and they all said like "no significant effect on fps". I didnt see any difference at all. Maybe some 15 yrs old single core cpu needs (heavy) tweaking.

DarkProud69
05-09-2011, 01:40 PM
I have a few question, how u set the Game mode to all?
it's this lien: seta ui_browserGameMode "" but i don't know what you need to fill in between the ""
And what line is it to change mouse sensitivity? I want to change it to 4blocks.
If you can help me plz message me, that would help alot! :)

shizzleglizzle
05-09-2011, 02:40 PM
With a E5300@3.3ghz, seta r_multithreaded_device "1" CAUSE massive stuttering.

no ♥♥♥♥, its for directx debug or something, nothing to do with multicore cpus....

pixels
05-09-2011, 04:26 PM
I have a few question, how u set the Game mode to all?
it's this lien: seta ui_browserGameMode "" but i don't know what you need to fill in between the ""
And what line is it to change mouse sensitivity? I want to change it to 4blocks.
If you can help me plz message me, that would help alot! :)

black ops doesnt support mixed gamemodes.
this command sets the gametype for YOUR personal server (ie you start a lobby and have people join your connection)

seta sensitivity "1.8128" that is the command for mouse sensitivity.

tootalltim
07-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for the tweaks and wondering if anyone can help me out with this. I want to change the size of domination flags(or all flags) since they hinder my line of site at times. If you can give me some numbers and what to change that be great or even turn off completely. Thanks a bunch :cool:

-Aura-
07-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Add this to config_mp m8:

WaypointIconHeight "whateveruwant"
WaypointIconWidth "whateveruwant"

You may want to bind this as it changes every time you start up game.

THE Nakedgun
09-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Bit aof a bump

Do autoexec.cfg work in this or do I ahevt o add it to the bottom o my mp_config?

thetenfold
09-02-2011, 11:42 AM
You should add it to your config_mp.cfg just in-case. Add it right to the bottom and it will process the valid values and stick them where they belong.

Cyellowan
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Nice thread! I do not think i really need to tweak up my performance, but getting less latency would be superdelichousawesome!

While searching for servers, the ping-result of the search gives me about 35-50 on close servers, while in game the ping is always about 30-35 more.

I hope some of these tweaks might improve this dealy. Thanks! :):)

Hi Ho
09-04-2011, 12:10 PM
I was having horrible FPS drops and stuttering problems, especially after the latest DLC. From the beginning, this game never ran as smoothly as I thought it should. Every time I fired up MW2 I was amazed at how buttery smooth it ran.

Then I found this thread. I only made one change to my CONFIG file.

seta r_multithreaded_device "1"

I see some people said that made theirs worse, others said it does nothing. It certainly did something for me. I was getting an average of about 20-30 FPS on the new maps and it was unplayable. I had noticed that if I kept the task manager open on my other screen that the game would stutter when the CPU usage on one core would spike to 100%. After making the change in the CONFIG file here's what it looks like while playing:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a327/Hi_Ho/BO.jpg

It now spreads over 4 cores and there no spikes and no stuttering. Now the lowest FPS I get is around 70 with all the graphics settings on high and AA at 8x. Even on the largest maps it hovers around 100+ FPS and drops to 70 in open areas. That is a marked improvement and it's like a whole new game!

Why would this setting be off by default? Shouldn't the game be able to detect the presence of a multicore CPU and utilize it?

Specs:

Core i7 860
Asus P7P55D Pro
8 GB RAM
Radeon 5870 1GB
Vertex 2 120GB SSD (Windows and Steam run off this)

Loading times have decreased as well. When I got the SSD all my game load times decreased except BO. I always had a long pause on "waiting for other players" even though everyone else was already in the match. That no longer happens.

Thanks for the great info!

michelmik
09-04-2011, 12:21 PM
seta r_multithreaded_device has nothing to do with ur cpu...

Hi Ho
09-04-2011, 12:52 PM
That may be but it did something. That's all I know. What it did? I have no idea. I had horrible performance, I changed that value from 0 to 1, and now I have great performance. I understand it has something to do with the graphics card? Even still, I no longer get a 100% CPU spike on a single core like I did before.

It's obviously highly system/configuration dependent because some people get great results by toggling this value while others get worse or the same results.

Bluesteel551ooo
09-04-2011, 12:58 PM
That may be but it did something. That's all I know. What it did? I have no idea. I had horrible performance, I changed that value from 0 to 1, and now I have great performance.

multithreaded device 1 turns on a dx debug mode. this shouldnt improve how the game uses cpu cores however its a weird game(performance wise)

thetenfold
09-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Nice thread! I do not think i really need to tweak up my performance, but getting less latency would be superdelichousawesome!

While searching for servers, the ping-result of the search gives me about 35-50 on close servers, while in game the ping is always about 30-35 more.

Ping isn't the same as latency. I just wanted to let you know.

What it did? I have no idea.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1668860