PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam HD on a netbook?

mellanella
11-10-2010, 06:02 AM
Hi folks,

Just curious if anyone out there plays Serious Sam HD on a netbook and gets it to work. I've been having some issues getting the game to load (it crashes every time) and am hoping there are some settings that would allow it to work.

I have an Asus EEE PC 1005PE - Intel Atom N450 Processor at 1.66 GHz, 1 GB of RAM, and my graphics card is an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

MADDOGGE
11-10-2010, 06:21 AM
It's most likely your integrated video plus the Atom processor is roughly half the Ghz required. These games were pretty hefty in the old days with the old engine and the HD is running on the SS3 engine.

Game requirements:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3+ Ghz or AMD Athlon64 3500+
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 7600, ATI Radeon X1600 (Shader Model 3.0 Highly Recommended)
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c August 2009 Edition or newer

Your graphics card:
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

The Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150 or GMA 3150 is an integrated (shared memory) graphics card that is located on the processor package of the Intel Atom N4xx processors. The graphics core is based on a GMA X3100 design (according to Intel) but features only two processor cores clocked at 200 MHz. Therefore, the performance is only a bit better than the old GMA 950 found in many Netbooks with N270 Atom CPUs.

The 3D performance of the GMA 3150 is therefore only suited for some low demanding 3D games in low details. In our tests only the old Quake 3 Arena ran fluently (even with high detail settings). Furthermore, Torchlight ran more or less fluently in 800x600 - low, but Fraps only showed 10fps. More modern low demanding games like Trackmania Nations Forever or Left 4 Dead only showed a slideshow.