PDA

View Full Version : PATCH is out

Hothead
11-10-2010, 12:05 PM
The patch is live with the main focus being ATI graphic card fixes and international character fixes that correct saving the prefs (video settings etc) for the game properly.

Hammerfan
11-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Nice!
Are you planning on doing any more patches?
(Like one that makes the Undeather Sword actually drop/apear in shop?)

Hothead
11-10-2010, 12:21 PM
I am not sure of the bug you are referring to but we do look at all the issues logged to our support system and we have tried to address as many as possible in this patch. We never plan to patch but of course, it is usually the case for most games ;)

zidane2010
11-10-2010, 12:53 PM
So I assume that this fixes the terrible stuttering issues i've been having with my 5870?

Nice.

Creeping Death
11-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Is it meant to be a gig or is steam being ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ again? :/

Solav
11-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Is it meant to be a gig or is steam being ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ again? :/

When there is a change to a data depot on Steam, the entire contents are updated. Because fixes spanned a few areas beyond just the EXE, you get all the files over again. Safer from a QA perspective although I know it is a bit of a pain.

From

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1575462

zidane2010
11-10-2010, 01:13 PM
So it's still not as smooth as I would like it to be, but it's significantly better.

Solav
11-10-2010, 01:38 PM
So it's still not as smooth as I would like it to be, but it's significantly better.

Played through the whole game, and had no issues with 5870 here. Catalyst 10.10 drivers btw.

Solav
11-10-2010, 02:12 PM
@Hothead

Still nothing else than the prefs.ini file in "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Hothead Games\DeathSpank"

so the save games are only stored online and available if you're connected to the internet.

Running win 7 x64 with UAC on btw.

Hothead
11-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Yup, I corrected my original post--the save files are in the Steam app directory. They are available when you are offline. Only the prefs file is in the location you note above.

Shinkz
11-10-2010, 02:31 PM
A 1 Gig patch? D;

Hammerfan
11-10-2010, 03:15 PM
I am not sure of the bug you are referring to but we do look at all the issues logged to our support system and we have tried to address as many as possible in this patch. We never plan to patch but of course, it is usually the case for most games ;)

How can I report a bug to said support system?
If its just by writing in the forums, then Ill say the bug here:

The Undeather Sword (Rank 2 Undeath Sword) doesnt seem to drop at all, even when killing enemies of the apropriate level. It also seems to not apear at the store at any level.

Hothead
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I will probably regret asking this . . . but then how do you know it exists if you have not seen it drop or in a store?

Hammerfan
11-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I will probably regret asking this . . . but then how do you know it exists if you have not seen it drop or in a store?

Well, I dont know if it does, but all facts seem to point in that direction.

Why would the Undeath Elemental Weapon Group lack the second tier when all other elemental weapon groups have all three? The Images for the existing ones even show rank 1/3 out of three.
Of course, it may not exist at all, but if it doesnt I( and probalby a lot more people) would really like to know.

PS:(There is a bug with the Console versions where two peices of armor (and said tier 2 undeath weapon) refuse to drop. But those two missing armor peices drop in the PC version, while the weapon does not.)