PDA

View Full Version : Run button.

Gargos
11-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi since years playing Mario's a question hits me and some friends. In some Mario games you must push forever the run button, ok?

I don't play yet "SUPER" Meat Boy, waiting for PC version. But, don't you think a option to change this aspect of the game could be nice?

Two modes, push to run or push to walk.

It's nonsense or it could feel right?

eXodL
11-12-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't think it will work. Some levels need great precision to pass and it's easy to just hold the run button when needed, rather than have it activated/deactivated by pressing it.

Gargos
11-12-2010, 04:04 PM
I don't think it will work. Some levels need great precision to pass and it's easy to just hold the run button when needed, rather than have it activated/deactivated by pressing it.

I didn't want to mean that.

Normal mode. In game you must push run button to run, otherwise you walk. This is the current mode.

I propose a run mode. In game you are always runing, if you push the button, you walk. Once you release the button run again.

It's the contrary of the actual mechanism.

I also propose put a option to change from normal mode, to my proposed mode.

BlueCremeSoda
11-12-2010, 06:08 PM
It removes the precision of being able to hold or let go depending on what you need at that exact moment. To run, walk, then run again requires toggling run, then toggle walk then toggle run again which is TWO BUTTON PRESSES INSTEAD OF ONE BUTTON RELEASE/PRESS.

Gargos
11-12-2010, 06:14 PM
It removes the precision of being able to hold or let go depending on what you need at that exact moment. To run, walk, then run again requires toggling run, then toggle walk then toggle run again which is TWO BUTTON PRESSES INSTEAD OF ONE BUTTON RELEASE/PRESS.

Nope, its the same realse/press a button, but instead of run when you push the button, it walks.

This way you don't press the button all game and realse only a few times. This way you only push it when you need to "not run"...

BlueCremeSoda
11-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Nope, its the same realse/press a button, but instead of run when you push the button, it walks.

This way you don't press the button all game and realse only a few times. This way you only push it when you need to "not run"...

Only read the OP lol. The press to walk idea isn't bad though, but definitely not toggling.

eXodL
11-13-2010, 05:29 AM
Normal mode. In game you must push run button to run, otherwise you walk. This is the current mode.

There isn't really a run button. There are 15 playable characters in this game, that has other abilities than meat boy. If in normal mode meat boy would run, what would have to be the special ability? "slowly walk around levels"? The game is design like this, because it involves more than one character.

BlueCremeSoda
11-13-2010, 08:26 AM
There isn't really a run button. There are 15 playable characters in this game, that has other abilities than meat boy. If in normal mode meat boy would run, what would have to be the special ability? "slowly walk around levels"? The game is design like this, because it involves more than one character.

All characters run...

trojanpooh
11-15-2010, 09:16 PM
All characters run...

Nope, Tim for example (I know he isn't in this version but still) goes back in time with his run button. There is also stuff like Gish who sticks to walls when he holds his run button down and Alien Hominid who shoots with run.

mr turkey40
11-16-2010, 02:13 PM
ATTENTION SIMPLETONS!(Or if I am wrong, then that statement is void)

He means like, d=run, shift+d= walk.
He wants it so you could toggle between shift controlling walk or run.

Gargos
11-17-2010, 07:47 AM
ATTENTION SIMPLETONS!(Or if I am wrong, then that statement is void)

He means like, d=run, shift+d= walk.
He wants it so you could toggle between shift controlling walk or run.

Nope.

I mean...Actually when you push X run, when you aren't pushing it walks.

I proposed the contrary, when you push X walk, when you aren't pushing it run.

I know my english is very bad...so I lost all hope of you understanding me =(.

HateTheDrake
11-17-2010, 08:23 AM
The question was asked on Twitter (@Tahnit 11/11-11/13) and Team Meat didn't seem interested in making that an option. I'd post there first if you want to get their attention. I have no idea if the PC controls will be configurable, but maybe some 3rd party software could emulate a constant keypress?

BlueCremeSoda
11-17-2010, 08:24 AM
Nope, Tim for example (I know he isn't in this version but still) goes back in time with his run button. There is also stuff like Gish who sticks to walls when he holds his run button down and Alien Hominid who shoots with run.

I don't have Tim yet but Gish still runs. If you move, then hit RT, you start running, but if you hit a wall while holding RT you will stick to it. Unless it's just in my head that Gish starts flying in comparison to NOT holding RT. I've beaten the game on 360 so I'd hope I would know.

trojanpooh
11-17-2010, 10:17 AM
You could be right about Gish, but Alien and Tim can't run. How else could he use his go back in time potion? :D