PDA

View Full Version : Cultivater and canola ?

Ardbug
11-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Anyone know what crops require the fields to be cultivated after being ploughed ?

And what do I need to grow and harvest canola succesfully ? do I treat it like wheat and barley ?

Druidpeak
11-16-2010, 01:40 PM
None require cultivating after plowing. When preparing a field for planting, you only need to cultivate actually. As far as I can tell, plows are only used to connect smaller fields to make larger fields if you so desire.

Canola you can treat just like wheat and barley. Just note that while it has a higher price at the mill, it yields fewer tons per acre than barley or wheat.

Ardbug
11-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks druid, I had mostly figured it out, but I didnt know about plowing 2 fields into 1.

Do you know when to fertilize properly too ? right now I do it after the sowing, should I wait for the sprouts to pop out ?

Druidpeak
11-17-2010, 03:17 AM
Thought you might have, it had been a few days since you posted the question. ;)

I fertilize before I sow, that way I don't feel like I'm in a race to fertilize a crop before it matures. I haven't done any tests to see if fertilizing before or after sowing/sprouts has any impact on crop yield.

Ardbug
11-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Im gonna try doing it before sowing, makes sense the soil would still benefit from the nutrients :)

Eldruin
11-21-2010, 09:09 AM
nah they seem to have forgotten about the plow... again!
doesn't do anything really :P

best time to fertilize is while the plants are still immature.