PDA

View Full Version : Go away Victor!! (FO: New Vegas)

soopytwist
11-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Since Steam updated Fallout new Vegas, Victor the robot keeps spawning everywhere I fast travel to and has companion options but doesn't follow me and doesn't spawn into buildings. How do I get him to sod off? I thought of using the NPC disable/kill console command but I think Victor is needed later in the game (am I right?).

Also my male character has the audio of a girl, terminal hacking can't be skipped through the log-in process if I cancel a hack then try again and like everyone, I've got the old reloading freeze problem.

I'll tell you what else needs fixing, modding:

- Be able to steal items from enemies without loosing karma
- Stop the Pip Boy screen from shaking sometimes (it make me feel sick)
- Turn off the kill cam in V.A.T.S (which also interferes with the reloading glitch).
- Be able to swap to another weapon while in the middle reloading another (and open doors, pip boy, V.A.T.S as well) instead of waiting until reloading has finished.

I've fixed the hotkey 2 issue, walk and run speeds. The main thing to make my enjoyment of the game better is to fix the Victor problem and the reloading stuff.

Hack Scudder
11-13-2010, 11:40 AM
I believe he is needed to access the Lucky 38 for the first time, but after you do that he should stay there and stop following you around.

Fyndir
11-13-2010, 11:43 AM
- Turn off the kill cam in V.A.T.S (which also interferes with the reloading glitch).

Isn't that in the options menu?

Freefall
11-13-2010, 11:54 AM
Yes the kill cam in VATS can be disabled. Simply hit Esc while in game to bring up the menu and go to:

Settings -> Gameplay -> Kill Cam Mode

There are 3 options "Cinematic" "Player View" and "None"

sansavarous
11-13-2010, 04:02 PM
In this game stealing anything "owned" is wrong, thusly bad karma. Karma does not have as much an effect in overall gameplay as FO3.

The pipboy has a mod to remove the "scanlines" here -----> http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34949

Does Victor follow you? By the companion options do you mean the companion wheel for commands?

Sounds like your Victor might be seriously bugged.

Sintek
11-13-2010, 04:33 PM
terminal hacking can't be skipped through the log-in process if I cancel a hack then try again and like everyone

This is on purpose, though I don't know why. It's a single player game; why are the devs implementing things more suited to a multiplayer environment?

Anyway, if you walk about 15 feet away and come back you can click through the screens again.

As for reloading, you can do that with any weapon but revolvers. Just click to shoot to stop the reloading.

As for your problem, have you used any cheats?

Metazare
11-13-2010, 05:41 PM
Doesn't sound like something a fatman can't solve.

soopytwist
11-14-2010, 05:40 AM
@Sintek if by "cheats" you mean some console commands then yes, TCL to get out of several rocks I fell into and couldn't get out of agian. The setgs fmovebasespeed tweak to increase walk speed which I found to be depressingly slow. And the NPC disable, enable, resurrect command on Neil who's quest messed up and my only option was to re-initialise his quest tree.

@Freefall & Fyndir That option turns of non-VATS kill cam only, it does not effect the kill cam in VATS.

@sansavarous Thanks for the mod link for pip boy. Yes Victor does have the companion wheel when he shouldn't. The only command that works is opening his inventory. He doesn't follow me despite selecting "follow me" in the command wheel but he spawns next to me (sometimes in the exact same space as me!) each time I fast travel and telling him to "Wait" doesn't work. my only option is to kill him and disable his AI, resurrecting him later when I need him for the Lucky 38.

soopytwist
11-14-2010, 06:25 AM
The pipboy screen flicker mod doesn't actually remove the screen flicker/vertical hold effect. IT just removes the scan lines.

Instead I've worked out that making fVertHoldChance=0 and fShudderChance=0 in FalloutPrefs.ini, Fallout.ini (you have to make this one non-read only to modify) and Fallout_default.ini; disables the screen judder. You HAVE to change it in Fallout_default.ini otherwise it doesn't work.

TheOD
11-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Also my male character has the audio of a girl

Open the console and type player.sexchange, this will set your character to female, do it again and he'll be male again with the male voices. Just save the game, exit it, launch it again and play, the change should be permanent, you can just redo it if it changes again anyway.

soopytwist
11-15-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks TheOD. I initially selected to play as a female character but changed it to male before confirming my choices. That's probably what screwed it up.