PDA

View Full Version : Corpses Reappear Graphical Glitch

anonymous321
11-14-2010, 01:29 AM
I have a very strange graphical glitch in Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil. When I shoot monsters or humans to the point where they become skeletons (or their corpses disappear from excessive shooting), their corpses will reappear for a few seconds before finally disappearing. It's like their corpses model "pops" back for a few seconds after dieing, and then disappears.

This only happens when you shoot monsters/humans enough to where their body explodes or they become a skeleton. If you only shoot them a to the point where they fall over and there body is still there there is no problem. However, if you shoot them enough to where their body disappears, it will reappear. Also this seems to happen mostly on zombies or other human variety monsters, since the aliens have a weird vaporizing effect when they die.

I dare anyone to see if they can reproduce this problem. Go into Doom 3, run into a room, and just hammer a monster (preferably a zombie) to death. Keep shooting it even after it is dead, and see if the corpses reappears. Normally, the body disappears permanently, but lately, they have been poping back for a few seconds, and then disappearing. This is really annoying and makes the game feel very fake.

I have beaten Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil. They are among my favorite games along side Half-Life 2. I never experienced this graphical glitch until a few months ago. It may be a problem introduced by one of the new ATI drivers. I am running a Radeon 5850 on Windows 7 64bit.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

KowKiller
11-20-2010, 09:31 AM
I've got the same issue. I have a Radeon 5850 and I use Windows 7 64 bit, too.

Winterkid
11-20-2010, 10:39 AM
mostly on zombies or other human variety monsters, since the aliens have a weird vaporizing effect when they die.

Small point, but they're demons, not aliens. Sent from hell.

Gameslaya
11-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Small point, but they're demons, not aliens. Sent from hell.

Thank you, I was afraid I'd have to step in.

azurewrathhal
11-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Same problem, different card, same operating system.

If I had to guess I would say it was a problem with the catalyst drivers. How to work around it though I have no clue.

KowKiller
01-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I recently bought prey and noticed the same glitch on some enemies.

kara_bulut
01-28-2011, 03:32 PM
That only happens to me with hand grenades.
No other weapon does it.