PDA

View Full Version : First impressions of a boardgame grognard

CptWasp
11-14-2010, 05:57 AM
This game is nice, but the tutorial is insufficient, and 9 missions are way too few! 5 campaign mission and 4 standalone one... 2 are already gone, with a guardian victory.

The game really needs multiplayer, if it want to have some success and longevity.

And please, developers, add gamepad support! Your WW2 game is similar and is designed for Xbox and gamepad, so please give us this chance, today more and more games are adding gamepad support, do the same PLEASE!

rebus_forever
11-14-2010, 12:22 PM
agree with all this, after the stumbling block that was lvl 2 the rest of the missions flew by, more content needed, though this is a demand made purely on the basis of enjoying the current product immensely.
please provide more content and multi player and let this game hopefully flourish as it ought to.

this game is being advised by me to all my friends, multi player is their biggest reason for not buying right away.
kudos on what you have already released and hoping for more

KaptainKoala
11-15-2010, 02:05 AM
I think you have to look at this game as more of a boardgame than a video game. Boardgames (especially wargames) only come with a handful of "scenarios".

The better ones usually allow you to customize scenarios, which is what the developer is promising in future releases (or was it a random map generator? not sure)
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18548649&postcount=6

Askjosh
11-15-2010, 01:17 PM
I think you have to look at this game as more of a boardgame than a video game. Boardgames (especially wargames) only come with a handful of "scenarios".

The better ones usually allow you to customize scenarios, which is what the developer is promising in future releases (or was it a random map generator? not sure)
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18548649&postcount=6

that post sound like it will be a random map generator :-). I don't see them creating a map editor though since it would compete with the map packs that they will be selling

Maurog
11-16-2010, 02:29 AM
Hear hear, let us hope for a really juicy extension which adds some real replayability and multiplayer...