PDA

View Full Version : UT99 Vote menu keeps popping up during gameplay

Raven-DK
11-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Every single server I join online in UT99, I keep getting the map vote menu popping up, filling my whole screen. When I press ESC, I return to the game, but it takes mere seconds, and the menu pops up again. It does this no matter what server I am on, if the server has a menu for voting maps. Normally the menu only shows up after the current game is finished. I must have pressed something, since it just keeps popping up. It doesn't remove it if I quit UT99 and reload it. Is there any way I can fix this? I just bought the game, and the menu that keeps popping up during gameplay, makes the game unplayable during online. Also, the menu is as if it's sized up to much, making several options unavaible, like scrolling down.

JupiterSWarrior
11-15-2010, 10:31 PM
You may have "mutate bdbmapvote votemenu" bound on a button that you use regularly. I have mine setup to the "M" button so I don't accidentally hit it to bring it up.

To change it, go to your User.ini file in your favorite text editor (I use Notepad ++) (found in the %UT Install%\System folder (note that "%UT Install%" is where you installed Unreal Tournament; for me, it's D:\Unreal Anthology\UnrealTournament")) and do a search for "mutate bdbmapvote votemenu". Highlight it, Cut it (Ctrl + X), find a key that you want to bind the mapvote menu to (again, I use M), and paste (CTRL + V) to that button.

Creamer^
11-16-2010, 04:04 AM
Yeah open your user.ini file in ut/system and search the phrase MUTATE BDBMAPVOTE VOTEMENU. Make sure you remove it from whichever key it's bound to, before adding it to a key of your choice. Otherwise the same thing will keep happening.

Raven-DK
11-16-2010, 05:51 AM
Thanks you two, it worked. Somehow, my Left key(Arrow, Strafeleft), had become the map voting menu, so everytime I just pressed left to move, it came up. I appreciate both your help, thank you very much.

EDIT: Strange, I played again, and now somehow, it has edited my left key(StrafeLeft) To MUTATE BDBMAPVOTE VOTEMENU again.. Either I, somehow pressed that It should edit this ingame, or it's doing this automaticly.. Anyway I can prevent this from happening..?

JupiterSWarrior
11-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Sometimes, when you join a server with Mapvote, there's a window that pops up asking you what key you want to bind Mapvote to. Make sure that you press a button that you're not going to accidentally press when you are playing the game, then click "save".

Also, if you edit your user.ini file, make sure you save it. Otherwise you're not going to see any changes in game.

Raven-DK
11-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Sometimes, when you join a server with Mapvote, there's a window that pops up asking you what key you want to bind Mapvote to. Make sure that you press a button that you're not going to accidentally press when you are playing the game, then click "save".

Also, if you edit your user.ini file, make sure you save it. Otherwise you're not going to see any changes in game.

I noticed this, And tried it, but it seems it wont allow me to edit the mapvote menu at all. But It's only doing this on one server.