PDA

View Full Version : How do you install Mods in the Steam Version

OldGreybeard
11-17-2010, 04:52 AM
Or did I waste my money on yet another Steam Game?
Where is it installed on my PC?

Druidpeak
11-17-2010, 05:07 AM
C:\Program files\Steam\steamapps\common\farming simulator 2011
is the default install location.

Mods can be installed in

Vista: My Documents --> My Games --> Farming Simulator 2011 --> Mods

XP: Username -->My Games --> FarmingSimulator2011 --> Mods

This appears to be the same method used for FarmingSimulator 2009, the info for which I found here. (http://www.ls2009-mod.com/how-to-install-mods/)

When you download a mod file it will usually come in one of three file types.

1. EXE – These are the easiest to install. Once the file has downloaded just double click on it and when it runs it will install itself, done, run the game and test it.

2. RAR – These are compressed files, these can contain any files or folders which have been compressed to make downloading quicker. When the download finishes you need to extract all the files within the rar file. You will usually end up with either exe files or zip files. RAR files are also used for the map downloads and will usually require extracting to your data folder.

3. ZIP – These too are compressed files. Check to see what files are contained within them. If there are zip or exe files then these will need to be extracted and exe files run. If a zip
file contains the mod itself then the zip file needs to be copied into the mods folder of the game.
XP: User\My Games\FarmingSimulator2009\Mods
Vista: Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2009\Mods.
Don’t forget that if you have the German version the folder names will be slightly different.

Windows XP and later will open zip files but you will need Winrar or a similar program to open rar files. These programs will also work with zip files.

Only ZIP files will work in the mods folder. RAR files will not work.

If you dont have winrar here is downloads link: Press here to download WinRaR.

OldGreybeard
11-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Thank you very much..

I appreciate you not just saying 'check the mods forums' like someone else did. (I already checked the mods forums and any 'readmes')

Cheers

matresi
12-06-2010, 02:20 PM
How it works if i am using a MAC?
I dont find a folder for Farming Simulator, Steam or Mods??

cunningj8
12-13-2010, 11:36 PM
ok i downloaded all the mods i wanted, and i unzipped them into a directory and copied those directories into the mods folder, some mods are showing but not all, was i supposed to just copy the zip files there or did i do it right?:confused:

ThePerfectGnome
12-13-2010, 11:41 PM
just copy the zip files. some files will need to be unpacked, though if this is a the case most files will say something along those lines.

matresi
12-14-2010, 03:56 AM
For MAC Users:

Copy the zipped Mod-Files to the Mod Directory under:

Username/Library/Application Support/FarmingSimulator2011/

Greetings

jscout214
12-14-2010, 06:20 AM
@cunningj8 If it is a .rar you need to unpack directly to mod folder if it is a .zip you need to unpack to a folder then copy/cut/paste to the mod folder. i hope this helps i had the same prob but after 6 hours of trial and error i got it.

cunningj8
12-14-2010, 08:57 AM
ok usually i rename my downloads so that i know what the files are, will unpacking to a directory with these new names cause it not to work or do i need to rename the directories to something shorter?

jscout214
12-14-2010, 03:02 PM
I dont change the name cause some mods wont work in multiplayer if you change them. so i really dont know I write all my mod file names down and in winrar i arkive them to a folder