PDA

View Full Version : Alien Breed 3: Descent released.

Koranis
11-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Downloading now... Thank you Team17! I didn't expect Descent to come out this year! ;)

But REALLY.... you guys have to patch it, rebalance it and then re-release it as a whole game at some point. If it's not overpriced I will gladly buy it. Or maybe with some discount for those who bought all the episodes?....

tomsen
11-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Awesome!

Thank You Team 17

greetings from Germany
tomsen

UPDATE:

I just played half an hour and i am dissapointed! :mad:

Nothing new!! :eek:

Where are the voiceovers? where is the awesome hyperblaster?! :confused:
Where is a new mode?! :eek:

Ok there are 2 new weapons, but i dont like them. This 2 Phaserweapons suck!

Koranis
11-17-2010, 02:25 PM
I've been playing for two hours. Nothing new. I still hope for a new kind of level though. I'm sick of space ships and space stations.

But above all I'm sick of constant explosions. It makes sense when the ship is going about to blow, but we are getting those from the first level of Impact. Come on.

And the game still crashes when I use arrow keys while logged to a terminal.

I'll finish the game before commenting further, but if Assault was an improvement over Impact, if Descent wants to be better than those two it's better going to change the pace and get me out of the station. Because implementing new forced zooms and angles is not what an average player calls "new".

eldo76
11-17-2010, 03:06 PM
yeah, I just played the prologue a bit, explosions make a big return it seems ..ahah..I like them !
it's the games trademark !

just hope the hyperblaster is still available though, otherwise I 'll be disappointed too.:mad:

tomsen
11-17-2010, 03:25 PM
@eldo76

There is no hyperblaster!!!! :eek:
In Survivor mode i've tested the new 2 weapons, they arent so bad, but they arent really good. I want the hyperblaster from Assault!! ;)

Team 17, you asked us fans what weapons we liked, but i cant understand why the hyperblaster didnt made it in the episode 3!!!???

I am a huge AB Fan, and i only want you to know that iam not glad this time. But the main reason i bought this game was to know the end of the story, but i think, the gameplay is not improving this time. :(

Iam so dissapointed that i cant play it now. I think ill play it at the weekend.

greetings from germany and good night (30min after midnight)
tomsen

eldo76
11-17-2010, 03:38 PM
no hyperblaster ?!?!
like not at all !??!

that sucks !
it was awesome !

petition, we want the hyperblaster back !!

they should put it out in a patch and then you can buy it in the terminals shop !

Padgey2011
11-17-2010, 04:11 PM
yeah the hyperblaster was a good weapon although maybe it made it alittle to easy really which is why they got rid of it!!

Sixx86'
11-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Why do some of you want the series to drastically change so badly? The formula Team17 is using is perfect.

If they do make another Alien Breed game, the only other setting that would work besides a spaceship, would be inside some kind of alien base on their planet. It would be pretty cool to see their planets terrain. Like how in the current series, you can rotate the camera to get a cool view of space and that planet below the ship. Sometimes I stop just to do that!;)

piydek
11-19-2010, 07:52 AM
SO good to see the game out. I'll buy it very soon. Have yet to finish Assault and play coop seriously. I have 6 new maps for coop to look forward to now. And loads of survivor to play as well. Woohoo.

tomsen
11-23-2010, 11:52 AM
So i made it, I got Mr. Klein!!!!(?) (cliffhanger^^)

First i was dissapointed, but the bossfights and the story went good.

Thanks Team 17!
Good work!

Hope there will be another Alien Breed Game in the Future.