PDA

View Full Version : "MoSlo" for AvPC2K?

WinstonSmith
11-18-2010, 04:37 AM
I just bought and downloaded this game. Cool! I've been wanting to play this for years! Thanks to Steam for selling it, and at such a nice price too! :D

But, ya know, it seems to run a little fast on my computer. (Here (http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1465761)'s my specs, in case someone wanted to know.) I'd tell you a frame-rate average if I knew how many FPS were going, but I bet it's a lot. And as you can see, my computer is hardly a Mother of a computer hehehe

Anyone remember that old program for DOS called "MoSlo" that was everywhere? It was used on newer, faster DOS computers to slow down programs (including--or especially--games) to run at the same speed as was on the older, slower computers that they were made for.

Well is there such a thing now, like for this?

And if not, how can I slow the game down to the same speed (whatever that was) as was normal when it was released?

Thanks!

Aph3x-SkorpioN
11-18-2010, 08:40 AM
This game always was ridiculously fast, but once you get used to it, that's one of the things that leaves you hooked on it.
There is an option do decrease the game speed while setting up your game in multiplayer(that is, if you're the host). You can decrease it all the way to 70% speed, which kinda makes the game feel like you're playing with low gravity.

On 80% speed, the game starts to resemble one of today's "modern" shooters, but personally I'd recommend you to get used to the 100% speed.

WinstonSmith
11-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Oh! So you're saying it's already normal that way? Oh, cool!

I've only played a bit with the Marine so far, but woah does that guy really skate, now doesn't he. Like makes you wonder if the Weyland-Yutani Marines get their coke standard-issued from the Company.... Heh, I wouldn't put it past 'em!

I might play around with that 80% setting later, but I guess I'll just play as is now since it's supposed to be like that anyway hehehe

Thanks for the info hehehe