PDA

View Full Version : Factions

AbraCadaver
11-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Who do you like? Right now I'm In Harbor Town doing some of the Don's quests...but I got to tell you, I don't trust that group at all. There are some people in it that are nice, but by and large...eh. Same can be said of the Mages and the Order. Who did you guys like best?

Zipster
11-18-2010, 01:57 PM
At the end of the day I chose a faction based on my intended play style, which was a focus on robbing everything and everyone blind. This is pretty much the approach I take in every RPG that lets me, since it's the fastest way to get ahead. Especially in Risen where you can steal weapons right out of someone's hands! I also wanted to use mostly swords and bows so the bandits made the most sense. From a story perspective you can't trust them, but of course that's just story flavor so it didn't weight very heavily in my decision.

railforge
11-18-2010, 08:52 PM
focus on robbing everything and everyone blind. This is pretty much the approach I take in every RPG that lets me, since it's the fastest way to get ahead.

Crime pays!

Who do you like?

I'm supporting the rebels this time. Viva La Independencia!

I don't think any faction are the "good guys" in this game. As in real life politics you're going to have to pick the best of a bad bunch. Typically at election time I pick whichever party advances my interests and the causes I'm passionate about the most. I'd try the same method here.