PDA

View Full Version : Blade Kitten 2 existence evidence!!!

Tyrax Lightning
11-18-2010, 05:00 PM
I visited the Blade Kitten Home Site (http://www.bladekitten.com/), & found a new Link there for a Youtube Video for a Blade Kitten Episode 2 Sneak Peek! I just plain had to share this with my fellow Forumites! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRnyW7f-h_Y&feature=youtube_gdata

You're welcome! ;)

(Edit: Doh! I meant to type 'Episode 2' in the Title. *facepalm*)

mcilrain
11-22-2010, 01:17 AM
But who will make it? Krome Studios is dead.

TJF588
11-22-2010, 04:58 AM
But who will make it? Krome Studios is dead.

Krome Studios: Things Fall Apart (http://psp.ign.com/articles/113/1132912p1.html)
Krome Studios CEO: We are still here (http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/11/08/krome-studios-ceo-we-are-still-here/)
Krome CEO confirms layoffs, but studio 'still open' (http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/09/krome-ceo-confirms-layoffs-but-studio-still-open/)

EDIT: From the "Things Fall Apart" article:When questioning former staff about their theories on the company's downfall, some recurring themes emerged. Among them: ... the creative Director's self-destructive obsession with his Blade Kitten game, at all costs; ...

tedmani
11-22-2010, 06:00 AM
I just want that it releases already :3

Tyrax Lightning
11-22-2010, 10:32 AM
TJF588: Many thanks for the Links! Now one has to wonder if Blade Kitten Episode 2 will be any good if it does come out...

Xabu
11-22-2010, 12:42 PM
http://www.bladekitten.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=416

Can't really say much about what is currently happening but I went into work today and I'll be there tomorrow as well. And most likely for a while to come.

That's all you really need to know for now.

Amander
11-24-2010, 06:06 AM
Yehaw! More of Blate Kitten, that's welcome.

Tyrax Lightning
11-24-2010, 07:43 AM
Xabu: Many thanks for that Link as well!

DJ Cryotek
12-01-2010, 01:09 AM
I really enjoyed this game. If nothing else, they need to get that episode 2 out. Free DLC? lol

szenith
12-02-2010, 06:18 AM
To be honest, I think the "episodic" format of game production should die, seeing that so many games were canceled mid-story (Sin Episodes, Penny Arcade, now probably Blade Kitten). Which just ****es me off.

They should just concentrate on making a full product (or at least with a stand-alone story and closure) before releasing.

Tyrax Lightning
12-02-2010, 09:13 AM
To be honest, I think the "episodic" format of game production should die, seeing that so many games were canceled mid-story (Sin Episodes, Penny Arcade, now probably Blade Kitten). Which just ****es me off.

They should just concentrate on making a full product (or at least with a stand-alone story and closure) before releasing.
I can agree with this. The 'Episode' Format may have been viable before, but I think it's waning in usefulness nowadays.

flava_clown
12-02-2010, 09:20 AM

from what i've seen, in case of blade kitten it was never the idea to release it episodic. that's one reason why the storepage talks about 19 level while you get only 13. the missing 6 would be episode 2.

if you see the actual situation of krome then you can imagine that they had to release something, finished or not... the problem is that blade kitten wasn't the success they hoped it will be.

just look at the pre-order price, the release price, the reduced price 2 or 3 weeks after release and then the even more reduced priced just a few days later...

about sin episodes... that destroyed Ritual and Sin... the idea was like the DLC idea is now... earn more money by spending less resources and money.

btw in case of Sin episodes, was also the financial situation of the developer the reason why they dropped episode 2 ... (making episode one was too expansive)

about penny arcade, i bet it was also money what stopped hothead from finishing it... what they do now with deathspank is actualy the same, just that they don't call it episodes and you can easily play only one of the games coz of the kinda closed story.

btw... since i know only the demo, can you feel that there should come more after episode two? or is penny arcade quite enjoyable the way it is?

Amander
12-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Episodic format works well for Winter Voices.

tedmani
12-02-2010, 01:35 PM
And Sam and Max

pen_sq
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
And Ha..

Ah, nuts.

LurkerLito
12-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Nuts...I liked this game, but I have to agree I am really detesting the episodic format. My new policy is if you release it episodic, don't expect me to buy it till all episodes are available. I am also considering a policy of no more game buying till Ultimate/gold/complete/GOTY games are released cause I am sick to death of being put in a DLC nightmare to get everything.

mchufnagel
12-03-2010, 11:34 AM
I can agree with this. The 'Episode' Format may have been viable before, but I think it's waning in usefulness nowadays.

OH NO! Quick someone inform Telltale Games that episodic gaming is passe.
Nuts...I liked this game, but I have to agree I am really detesting the episodic format. My new policy is if you release it episodic, don't expect me to buy it till all episodes are available.

This is probably the best course of action with companies just starting out with episodic games. But I think Telltale Games has done enough of them to be trusted at this point.

I am also considering a policy of no more game buying till Ultimate/gold/complete/GOTY games are released cause I am sick to death of being put in a DLC nightmare to get everything.

I totally agree with you on this. Also the dribbling of dlc just totally ups the cost of gaming. Wait a year and get everything at the same price as the original vanilla game.

Amander
12-03-2010, 02:04 PM
I also wait for some sort of complete edition on DLC games. Sometimes, I loose the inerest in the meantime... Well, more money for me, less for the greedy publisher.

But I think, this one starts to derail.

Tyrax Lightning
12-03-2010, 04:02 PM
It's not uncommon for me to wait until a game gets done coming out with DLC before buying it as well, but I don't always. Also, if I get a game when it has fresh come out, it has to earn my DLC bucks, or I won't cough up for it. Spore is a good example. I got my $50 bucks outta it, but I never got any of it's DLC or Sequels because EA asked too much cash for too little extra features & such, thus looked too greedy to me & turned me off. The original $50 bucks is all they ever got outta me before I got my fill of Spore & moved on to DA:O. The odds of me getting any of the DA:O DLC is lookin pretty low too.

NC37
01-28-2011, 07:11 PM
I kinda wait for sales so I waited on Kitten till the holiday Steam sale. Personally I am getting tired of the developers charging more and more for less content then releasing all the launch content later as DLCs...this isn't an MMO. Blizzard can get away with that on WoW cause the content is free when it comes out.

Part of the reason I won't get Dragon Age 2 on launch is because its not even out yet and EA announces the DLC to it. Really, this is getting stupid. Just release the complete game. The more companies go this DLC route, the less I buy.

Sigh...ya know back in the golden days of online gaming with UT/Q3a leading the charge, DLCs were called mappacks and they were...FREE!!

If companies need a DLC to make more money from a title then they shouldn't release the title to begin with.

Graeystone
02-13-2011, 12:39 AM
There is a lesson in all of this - Game developers make for lousy business owners. . .

TJF588
02-15-2011, 06:00 AM
Part of the reason I won't get Dragon Age 2 on launch is because its not even out yet and EA announces the DLC to it. Really, this is getting stupid.
Actually, some (if not most/all) launch DLC is stuff that the developers would have liked to include in the as-is game, but the schedule required a finished product to go to print and such, with the content that didn't make the cut instead becoming launch DLC.

Amander
02-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Actually, some (if not most/all) launch DLC is stuff that the developers would have liked to include in the as-is game, but the schedule required a finished product to go to print and such, with the content that didn't make the cut instead becoming launch DLC.They should make the DLC free in such cases.

TJF588
02-15-2011, 06:12 AM
They should make the DLC free in such cases.
I wouldn't necessarily say free forever (though maybe after a while as paid). Then people can pass up on the game, grab the DLC, then get the game on the cheap). Maybe free for a week at launch, or a code bundled with new copies, or redeemable from within the game (as in, the game would direct to a "Purchase" page with the free DLC). But, yes, I think it should be treated as a part of what you pay for.

Amander
02-15-2011, 07:00 AM
I wouldn't necessarily say free forever (though maybe after a while as paid). Then people can pass up on the game, grab the DLC, then get the game on the cheap). Maybe free for a week at launch, or a code bundled with new copies, or redeemable from within the game (as in, the game would direct to a "Purchase" page with the free DLC). But, yes, I think it should be treated as a part of what you pay for.Or just release the DLC as an installable package.

DJ Cryotek
02-25-2011, 01:23 AM
I really want episode 2, but I won't feel ripped off if we don't get it, either. I paid $15 for Blade Kitten, and it was totally worth it for what I got. I'm not sure what the hell reviewers' problems were with the game, it's wonderful and fun. It ticks me off when reviewers expect as much from a $15 indie title as a $60 AAA title. Blade Kitten is a great 2D platformer.

Tyrax Lightning
02-25-2011, 07:46 AM
I really want episode 2, but I won't feel ripped off if we don't get it, either. I paid $15 for Blade Kitten, and it was totally worth it for what I got. I'm not sure what the hell reviewers' problems were with the game, it's wonderful and fun. It ticks me off when reviewers expect as much from a $15 indie title as a $60 AAA title. Blade Kitten is a great 2D platformer.
I tried out the PS3 Demo of Blade Kitten. I dunno how, but somehow, the World Geometry managed to let Kit jump straight through a Wall & fall down to the Game Ether Nothingness Stuff or Other of Doom whatever it's called. Those kinda Bugs are among the big bads of Game Making. This Game is good for $15 bucks, but i wouldn't say no to some spit & polish. ;)

With that said, i'm still rooting for Kit & Skivy! :D (After all, Kit didn't Code the Game. :p)

Nisseman
02-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Only tried the demo of the first one and found the game meh. So I will ignore this one to.
Lets hope Nis make Prinny: Can I really be the hero 3. Those are awesome platforers if someting is awesome.

TJF588
02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Lets hope Nis make Prinny: Can I really be the hero 3. Those are awesome platforers if someting is awesome.
And Prinny 2 has some awesome DLC. Most are free, and one is a buck.

andrevergilio
03-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Anyone know anything about the second chapter? It really will be done? I didn't have seen any notice about it for months...

ben583
03-10-2011, 03:11 AM
According to their official forums, I think the second episode is currently in beta testing.

Amander
03-10-2011, 03:20 AM
YAY! BTW, do you, by any chance, have a link here right now?

Taveira
05-13-2011, 08:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-DtruGRoYA&feature=youtu.be

Taveira
06-13-2011, 11:58 AM
EP is coming!
http://www.bladekitten.com/pages/store/

There's a OST from the EP2

Tyrax Lightning
06-14-2011, 12:50 PM
Many thanks for the news! :)