PDA

View Full Version : Will this run on my machine?

Oonushi
11-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Does anyone successfully run this game run on Windows 7?

Also, here are the details of my rig, do you all think this game will run well enough with these:

MB: Asus P5K-E
Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31
Southbridge: 82801IR (ICH9R)
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E2220 (2.2GHz x2)
RAM: 4x 1GB PC-5300 (333MHz) DDR2
GFX: GeForce 8800GT (512MB RAM) (PCI-Express Interface)
HDD: 2x Maxtor 150GB and 1 Western Digital 300 GB in RAID5

Also: I've seen some complaints about the controls - does this game allow you to customize the control mapping? This would be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks in advance!

- Oonushi

motrin
11-20-2010, 06:04 PM
i have 25 Hours on this game and many more on offline mode on WIN 7

i could not tell you can run the game with those specs. so i'l suggest you try this website. http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ it checks your rig to see if you run games. jsut choose prototype from the dropdown list.

i just checked and it does let you edit the keyboard keys. not that i ever felt the need to.

Oonushi
11-21-2010, 05:51 AM
Thanks for the reply, the ability to remap keys is a deciding factor for me, so its good to see that I'll be able to do this. I don't own an xbox, or a controller and, honestly, I don't want either, I like my keyboard & mouse.

I'll check out system requirements next.

Later,
- Oonushi

motrin
11-21-2010, 11:13 AM
if you decide to purchase this game, i suggest to wait for BlackFriday sale and even the Christmas sale. i'm almost sure it will be on sale.

I bot it for $15 during the summer sale.

Edit: and i agree with you about keyboard and mouse.

Oonushi
11-21-2010, 02:17 PM
I think I will do that, particularly after seeing many complaints about the game not working on some hardware. I can relate - I had problems with GTA IV when it was released until I upgraded my PC.

Anyway, I believe my machine should run this and it looks fun, but I would hate to pay full price only to be disappointed by hardware issues. It wouldn't be as big of a gamble at 1/2 price.

trek554
11-25-2010, 12:34 AM
depending on your res, your gpu is decent but that cpu is pretty slow especially for cpu intensive games like Prototype. for some perspective your cpu is slower than any of the ones here. http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,688240/Prototype-CPU-Benchmarks-System-Requirements-and-Screenshots/Practice/