PDA

View Full Version : BFBC2 problems?

RDias
11-23-2010, 12:45 PM
Hello,

i'll buy Bfbc2 but first i wanna know about the problems and the issues of the game(i'm a little bit scared about black ops)

Boogeyman-TPF-
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Adding Friends may be bugged. I've had 7 friends added successfully, but in the last week I had 1 friend who hasn't received my requests, and I haven't received his. Don't know if this is related to the last patch or if it's just me.

In-game squad voice chat doesn't work, never has.

Medic shock paddles are bugged and occasionally don't work. The bug isn't that frequent, though.

The usual hit reg problems - but you can alleviate this if you make sure to join very low latency servers. It isn't really noticeable on my favorite low latency servers. FYI, 'hit reg' means numerous things to the BF community. It can mean 'I shot that guy and saw him jerk but got no hit marker' or 'I sprayed a full clip into that dude's face and only got 2 hit markers and then he knifed me' or 'I sprayed that guy who was only 150 yards away and only hit him once WTF that would have been a kill in MW2!!1!'. Personally I think bad hit reg problems are caused by overtaxed servers or poor network connections server side or client side. If you find a good server with low latency you probably won't notice it much.

'Rubberbanding' seems to have become more frequent since the last patch, even on low latency servers.

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. Overall I love the game and have played it since the Beta, despite all the weird little buggy things. Even with the current crop of bugs, the game is massively improved since the initial release, although I do miss my formerly amazing M60 and my tack-driving 'Hammer of Thor', aka the NS2000 with slugs. Both received nerfings in one of the numerous patches. :(

RDias
11-23-2010, 01:25 PM
i'm glad t ear from you that the game don't have major problems.
thank you very much for you post. i think my core i7, ati 5650 and 4gb ram can handle it.

what is Rubberbanding?

+1 rep for you, thanks|

Boogeyman-TPF-
11-23-2010, 01:41 PM
'Rubberbanding' is when you see a player or vehicle moving in a direction and suddenly they warp backwards a few feet and then warp forward again. It's some kind of weird lag thing. I used to see it alot when playing games on dial-up. Now, I've seen it in BC2 even on players with low ping. But don't worry, it isn't a huge thing... it just seems to be happening a bit more often since the last patch. For instance, I play on Monk's Milita server, which most nights has a pretty low population of just MM guys (8 or 9 people), and almost all of them have low ping. Recently I started seeing rubberbanding occur a few times a night, and I don't remember seeing it before.

And you're welcome. Have fun playing the game. :)

RDias
11-23-2010, 01:43 PM
thank you again!! :D

Coquito
11-23-2010, 11:29 PM
it'll say 'RELOAD' on your screen every now and then.

Knife will fail too

woejipums
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Is there any fix for the "reload"? I thought i was the only one. My game will leave the message up consistently at least a handful of times every round. Another issue is that only the first 20 or so servers listed show the pings. I saw a potential fix for this relating to antivirus but AVG was not mentioned.