PDA

View Full Version : Platform Error

gregmax17
11-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Hello,

I am trying to play the game 'Left 4 Dead 2', but I keep getting this error :

platform error: bad module 'serverbrowser.dll' not loading

I deleted the file, relaunched steam (which added the file), and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Arctic Ice
11-23-2010, 12:37 PM
There is a file named winui.gcf in your Steam folder. Rename is to winuiold.gcf and restart Steam. Winui.gcf will be recreated. It may solve your issue.

gregmax17
11-23-2010, 04:42 PM
I did what you said and still no go.

I am getting the same error :

Ash.Weststar
11-23-2010, 09:21 PM
I suggest closing down steam, delete clientregistry.blob in the Steam directory, start Steam and make it verify the left 4 dead 2 files. Once that's done, try to start it again.

Arctic Ice
11-23-2010, 10:35 PM
delete clientregistry.blob in the Steam directory.For future reference, the proper step is to rename the blob file as outlined here. (https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7241-EYON-2343) The reason is listed at the bottom of the article.

gregmax17
11-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Ok, still nothing.

I took your suggestion Arctic Ice and renamed the blob file, restarted Steam and tried to launch the game. But I still got that same error :

*on a side note*

After I renamed the blob file, and launched Steam, I got this error :

Steam.exe (main exception): ERROR: delete of Steam.exe failed, Win32 Error 5 "Access is denied"

I restarted Steam again and it launched just fine. I was able to login, view games in library, etc. Just wanted to share that with you... maybe your team can look at it if it continues to appear with other users.

Anyways, I still can't play the game 'Left 4 Dead 2'! I miss shooting zombies... sigh