PDA

View Full Version : Chime Demo

ZoŽ Community
11-24-2010, 05:05 AM
We're thinking about making a PC demo for Chime, and wanted to know what you thought. Do you think we should make one? If you do, what do you think we should put in the demo? Which track should we include?

adrive
11-24-2010, 09:41 PM
it's cool..ive been waiting for a demo since its launch. i still don't know how it plays really even after watching the video..watching and playing the actual thing is different.

but i don't know what song would be good..since i never heard of any of it :P but any song would be good i guess!

Super_Cocho
11-24-2010, 09:52 PM
i voted for spilled cranberries, just because i like it.

i think a demo is a good idea, but i dont know if people actually want a demo, i already own the game.

i would buy DLC songs though.

lihp
11-25-2010, 01:36 AM
Making a demo available is probably a good idea. I could encourage some of my friends to give the demo a try and maybe they like it and buy the game.

bitsoda
11-29-2010, 02:40 AM
I can't vote on this as I haven't bought the game since I'm waiting for a demo :P

Game looks interesting, wouldn't mind trying it out first, though.

EDIT // Nevermind, I bought it after I read up on how most of the proceeds go to charity. $4.99 isn't breaking anyone's bank, but for the hesitant a demo would nudge music/puzzle-block lovers into purchasing this game me thinks.

WhiteTigerShiro
11-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Spilled Cranberries is easily my favorite song in the mix, but my vote goes to Brazil simply for simplicity. Cranberries it probably a pinch more advanced than what you wanna pitch at someone who's just learning the game and considering if they want to buy it. Brazil has the easiest shapes to handle, so it'll let them actually play the game rather than fumbling around with some of the harder-to-use shapes of the other stages.

Remember, we want them to have fun with their first experience, not get turned-off because their learning on clumsy pieces.

SunriseDriver
11-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Nice thinking man. Because many people (and I) voted for the best song instead and didn't think about difficulty aspect.

Kirkpad
12-06-2010, 02:32 PM
I am very much considering getting this game (since it's on sale) without the demo. To be honest, the only thing holding me back was the lack of a demo. Now it's too cheap to pass up regardless of whether I know it will be fun and run.

After playing the first three songs I'd say Brazil as well.

Oneironaut
12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't think it matters too much which song you use, but I would definitely add a demo. I've bought quite a few games that I never thought I'd like because I enjoyed their demos.

McChadworth
12-06-2010, 07:33 PM
For Silence is a great foot in the door. Its easy to play, and epic sounding.

If i'm not mistaken, its the one used in the 360 demo as well.

taylynne
12-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Demos are a necessity for me. If a game has a demo I'll try it and find out if I like it. It's saved me from buying games I dislike, as well as introduced me to some great games that I would have never played. :)
I'll probably end up getting this game as it is on sale, but otherwise I would be hesitant due to it's lack of demo. D:

And I chose Brazil because it's by glass.

Ohlalala
12-07-2010, 06:35 AM
I'd say For Silence

OmegaRed60
12-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Every game needs a demo. I don't buy games that don't have demos on Steam after a few regrettable purchases I've made.

I also can vote since I have no idea what those songs are. I'll randomly pick one anyway since I just want a demo more than anything.

jp_rsardeto
12-07-2010, 07:44 AM
I voted For Silence.

btw, would be nice to have more songs to play in the full version.

lihp
12-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Any news on this? I guess being part of the treasure hunt brought in a bunch of customers and making a demo has no/only low priority as of now. But I would still like to see a demo, even if the price (3,99€) is really low.

I bought the game the day it came out on STEAM, but some of the people I know are hard to convince to buy something they haven't played themselves - especially since they don't know if the gameplay suits them.

STEVENXO
12-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Yes you should, and any song except "Ooh Yeah" because I personally find it unappealing, though that's just my own taste.

random_nothing
12-19-2010, 09:20 AM
I would have to say "For Silence".

Out of all the songs this one seems to fit the game better then the rest. The tempo and everything is perfect.

ZetaShade
12-19-2010, 12:32 PM
For Silence, should a demo be made, needs to be the song.

It's my personal favorite of the game, and I know I was apprehensive about buying it since vids didn't give me the best idea of if I'd enjoy the game- would've likely gotten the game sooner if there was a demo.

Sharkinu
12-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Voted for Brazil. For Silence is too awesum to give it away for free. :|

ZoŽ Community
12-23-2010, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the feedback everybody, it's much appreciated!

frankpolyn64
12-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Don't know why it's necessary, bought it for 4.5 euro in the beat pack,

This game is awesome.

slaithe
01-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I have the most fun on For Silence as I like the music and the shape set.

Though this may misrepresent the game.

I think TWO songs/levels should be included in the demo.

While I like Ooh Yeah, I HATE the shape set. So include that one, too.

This would produce a more balanced representation of what the full game will entail.

Me2nice
01-29-2011, 08:46 AM
You really need to ask whether there should be a demo or not? :confused: