PDA

View Full Version : X3 TC: How to equip second ship?

Nerfjoo
11-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey, utter noob here but enjoying the game so far.
Anyway I just completed a few terran missions and I got rewarded with a second ship. I plan to have this ship as part of my own personal fighter group.

The trouble is, it was delivered with no weapons so it's totally useless. I have 7000 credits and a simple laser (the same you get in the starter ship) costs over 350k and I lack notoriety as well.

I cant for the life of me figure out how to remove a laser from my ship (I have 2 of them) and put it on the new ship either.

JohnWildkins
11-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Hello!
It's pretty easy to remove weaponry, if I recall.
You just click on your ship's icon in the lower left when you're undocked, then click Advanced and then Weaponry. Then click the second gun you want to remove, click Remove or Uninstall or whatever the option is (I haven't done this in a while) and it will be in your cargo. Then, jettison the cargo by going to Freight and right clicking and hitting Eject, and then eject from your ship. Enter the second ship (must also be undocked) and get the gun by flying into the cargo container. Then, go to Freight and click the gun, and hit 'Install'. Congratulations, you now have two armed fighters!

John W.

Zikco
11-25-2010, 02:46 AM
...Then, jettison the cargo by going to Freight and right clicking and hitting Eject, and then eject from your ship. Enter the second ship (must also be undocked) and get the gun by flying into the cargo container...

Uhh. Using 'Freight Transfer' is much faster, not to mention safer.

Dock both ships at the same station & find the 'Freight Transfer' function. ;)

Nerfjoo
11-25-2010, 04:48 AM
Got it! Many thanks! So simple :p

JohnWildkins
11-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Well, true, but to be honest I never used that function mostly because I never had to move weaponry, I always had the money to buy new weapons :P

jperry13
12-12-2010, 12:39 PM
One of the things that I really like about this game is the fact that there are so many ways to do a single thing. Like moving a piece of weaponry from one ship to another; you can dock both ships, and "uninstall" the weapon from one ship and exchange freight. Conversely you can eject the said freight from one ship and pick it up ont he other ship. Very dynamic and fun.

Cheers,
jp

heagar
12-14-2010, 01:33 AM
yeah you can also get a transporter device and do it on the fly even change ships on the fly as long as your within 4km from said ship