PDA

View Full Version : Razer megalodon vs logetech g390?

MattMay
11-24-2010, 09:20 PM
Which is better? more comfy?

FгедкѕнФш
11-24-2010, 10:02 PM
I have the Megalodon's and I love them. The 7.1 surround is awesome and they're quite comfy. I've never owned the other one but I know Logitech makes good quality products so I'm sure you'd be happy with either one.

CoffeeCrazy
11-24-2010, 10:04 PM
After reading reviews, it seems like the Megalodon suffers from firmware issues with Windows 7 64-bit. The audio/mic will cutout after 20 minutes or so and you have to reset the device. Unsure if this has been fixed in new updates, but many reviewers did mention this.

Just a heads up on that.

I was researching headsets in the $100-$150 price range and I researched both the Megalodon and the G930, among many others. I eventually went with the G930 as the reviews seemed pretty solid, and poor reviews remained inconsistent.

I however can not tell you how good the G930 really is, as shipping will take 6 days due to the holidays (ordered yesterday).

MattMay
11-25-2010, 09:25 AM
After reading reviews, it seems like the Megalodon suffers from firmware issues with Windows 7 64-bit. The audio/mic will cutout after 20 minutes or so and you have to reset the device. Unsure if this has been fixed in new updates, but many reviewers did mention this.

Just a heads up on that.

I was researching headsets in the $100-$150 price range and I researched both the Megalodon and the G930, among many others. I eventually went with the G930 as the reviews seemed pretty solid, and poor reviews remained inconsistent.

I however can not tell you how good the G930 really is, as shipping will take 6 days due to the holidays (ordered yesterday).
thanks :) if you remeber be sure to post here with your personal review! lol

FгедкѕнФш
11-25-2010, 12:39 PM

Just a heads up on that.

I have Windows 7 64bit and I've never had those problems. They fixed it with a firmware update a long time ago. I've had the headphones for about 6 months now and I've had zero problems.