PDA

View Full Version : Won't connect to Massgate

Monoxx
11-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey
I got this awesome game as a present a couple of days ago, downloaded and completed the campaign. Even if only 2 more people play it online anymore, I wanna join in since I fell in love with this game, but whenever I select "multiplayer" and try to create a new account (or even try to use the "register a code" thingy) it simply gives me an error after about 1 second saying nothing but "cannot connect to massgate" (or something like that, very unspecific).
I know Steam connects to the internet with no problem since I downloaded this game (duh) and play TF2 online, and I know the game connects because in the little window that appears before you start the game, news and such show up with no problem. I even turned the firewall off to no avail.
Do I have bad luck, or is massgate shut down for good and I got the game too late?

Oliolli
11-26-2010, 05:35 AM
Massgate isn't shut down, and there are still lots of people playing. I guess it's just bad luck. You may want to check the massgate forums (http://www.massgate.net/forum.php), or ask some tech support.

DrMcCleod
11-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Massgate isn't shut down, and there are still lots of people playing. I guess it's just bad luck. You may want to check the massgate forums (http://www.massgate.net/forum.php), or ask some tech support.

Hmm, I cannot connect either, nor access that URL. Problems connecting from UK perhaps?

Roman9441
11-28-2010, 03:21 PM
No the sever is down if u read the post from massive

it have been down since yesterday so it not you connection problems everyone can't connect to it i wish it will back to online soon

DrMcCleod
11-29-2010, 01:15 AM
No the sever is down if u read the post from massive

it have been down since yesterday so it not you connection problems everyone can't connect to it i wish it will back to online soon

The in-game message? I wondered if that was a default error message....

This is what happens when your server-room cleaner pulls out the wrong plug on the weekend.