PDA

View Full Version : Message from the devs: For those who like a faster and more challenging game

Rudolf Kremers
11-27-2010, 01:11 AM
Hey all, just a quick message about our continued support and upgrades for our game, and a welcome to new players. :-)

For the last few months we have been working to make Eufloria much faster to play, more strategic, and more challenging, and are wrapping up our internal beta to that effect. We added new AI, visual tweaks, rebalanced gameplay and game speed to take these things forward. (Although the game wil always keep its ambient qualities as well)

This new version of Eufloria shall be made available pretty soon (For free of course) and we will add other improvements over time as well.

There is also a healthy mod scene on our forums, with loads of new maps and mods. It is a friendly and fun community so have a look here: http://www.dyson-game.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0

In the mean time I hope you have fun with the current version. The game was made by only 2 developers and 1 musician, not a faceless corporation, so it matters greatly to us personally that people enjoy the experience.

Thanks!!

Rudolf Kremers

PS. Our version of rally points are planned for a future update.

KDR_11k
11-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Wow, I almost thought you'd say something like "go back to Galcon, loser!", didn't expect the game to still get improvements.

Rudolf Kremers
11-27-2010, 02:27 AM
Wow, I almost thought you'd say something like "go back to Galcon, loser!", didn't expect the game to still get improvements.

Yeah we are just two indie devs and a most excellent musician dude. We really care about our game and our customers so we definitely listen to people. :-D

Chris Fifty-Two
11-27-2010, 02:57 AM
Very to happy to read this as its one of the things that annoyed me the most about the game. With this update I think I will get back to playing it quite a bit.

Rudolf Kremers
11-27-2010, 03:42 AM
Very to happy to read this as its one of the things that annoyed me the most about the game. With this update I think I will get back to playing it quite a bit.

I just spoke to Alex, my dev partner on Eufloria, and we are pretty much ready to release. It should take a few days at most, as we have to go trhough Valve's process for this. (Valve are pretty fast though).

I am personally very excited about the new release, I think it keeps the ambient qualities if the game, but removes a lot of the long waiting and the AI is hugely improved. (Plus other stuff as well)
:-)

R

Rudolf Kremers
11-27-2010, 09:16 AM
(We will keep you posted in the mean time of course)

PolarisOrbit
11-27-2010, 09:34 AM
I like this. Are you guys also working to improve the selection and issue order interfaces? Just thought I'd ask.

Blugga
11-28-2010, 04:17 AM
Aww man, I'm starting to feel guilty for getting it so cheaply. Really. Thanks devs!

Serjongo
11-28-2010, 04:47 AM
Awesome, I see that the patch has been released today, for retail users, that is.

When will the patch arrive for Steam users?

TwRecks
11-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Would it be possible to leave the current speed in the game as well, maybe as a "relaxed mode" versus a "growth mode" for the new version? I like the fact that I can currently multitask a bit without instantly having a disaster, and it would be nice to get the achievements without the difficulty getting ramped up halfway in by an update. Thanks in advance.

Slinden
11-28-2010, 06:04 AM
I'm glad I bought this game... It's nice to support developers that make REAL games and not gigantic corporations *cough* Activision *cough*.

I look forward to the update!

Rudolf Kremers
11-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Would it be possible to leave the current speed in the game as well, maybe as a "relaxed mode" versus a "growth mode" for the new version? I like the fact that I can currently multitask a bit without instantly having a disaster, and it would be nice to get the achievements without the difficulty getting ramped up halfway in by an update. Thanks in advance.

Hmm for this update we can't do a formal difficulty mode toggle (we already finished the exe etc.) but what I may be able to do is upload the old settings, so you can create a backup and manually switch between the two.

I will investigate. :-D

donquixote
11-28-2010, 01:38 PM
I let my plants grow while using the internet, go to Eufloria, make some trees, invade a asteroid, and then go back to surfing the web!

I love the music. :D